New Processor

DamienThorn

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a quick question; I'm upgrading to a 939 mobo with a 3500+ processor. Any idea how much more quickly I'm going to be churning through WU than I am now? Current specs are in my sig.

DamienThorn said:
I have a quick question; I'm upgrading to a 939 mobo with a 3500+ processor. Any idea how much more quickly I'm going to be churning through WU than I am now? Current specs are in my sig.

I assume you are running at stock on the 2600+?

If you run them both at stock, I would think you will see about at 20-25% improvement. (about 15% because of the clock increase, and about 5-10% because of the 64 Architecture).

Or, in other words, if you are getting 110-220 PPD on the current system you should see about 132-275 PPD on the new system. Since the cores differ so much it is hard to be specific on this.

I think when I first calculated the advantage of 64 bit it was around 5% + or – depending on the work unit you were doing. The speed increase isn’t orgasmic as such but on things like those rare 600 pointers I think you will be very happy.

A lot well depend on if you over clock of course and how much you use the machine for other things.

I had to shut the farm down and at the moment I’m running only this machine a 64 3200 at 2.5 gigs. All I’ve had for two weeks is a mix of tinkers and gromacs so if you look at my stats “BillR” that might give you an idea.

Luck, enjoy the new toy

Mayhem33 said:
BillR,
NICE!!!!! :D
Never seen you use the badges before! :cool:

Thanks xENo!!!

Lol. when I think about it I do.

Back