New PS3 Owners - feedback!

My mkv files are lagging like hell when I stream with PS3 Media Server. I've had no problems with any other file types. Any thoughts?

Yeah MKV sucks. What irks me is that all the video pirates bitched forever about wanting the consoles to support DivX, then when they both got it what happened? The pirates switched to MKV. Freaking *brilliant*.

1080p MKVs(8-12gb files on avg) work absolutely brilliant on my PS3 when streamed through PS3 Media Server. So much so its the only format I bother grabbing to watch on my TV using my PS3. Both my NAS with PS3 Media Server and PS3 are hard wired into a GB network.

I just got a PS3 Slim 250GB (the 250GB version was all they had left)

I got it with Tekken 6 and MGS4 and i recently bought Killzone 2. All great games, and the PS3 Slim is awesome.:)

Last edited:
My mkv files are lagging like hell when I stream with PS3 Media Server. I've had no problems with any other file types. Any thoughts?

If your doing it over wireless, it wont go, do it via wired. Wireless for me wont do 720 or 1080 content, but via wired it works fine 100mb.

I still cant get GTA IV to update! searced forums and sonys site hi and low, the one fix that worked for some wont work for me, disabling media connection..

AHHHHHH! Why do we pay for this broken crap!

The reason people moved to mkv is because it is superior to Divx / Xvid in every way interms of bitrate / size and so on.

I finally got my wife into gaming by getting LBP. Now, when I get home from work, she is playing LBP and I can jump right in with her.

Also, take a look at some of the PSone games on the PSN. I am sure you can find some nostalgia there.

started this thread, since i sold my gaming rig, going to be playing alot of ps3 for a while!

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1486521

little big planet, how long does it take to really get into it?
how many of those intro map things are there at the start of the game, i kind of lost interest on the about the 4 level into the game

So, here is what i just ordered to get me started since i sold my gaming rig :)

Killzone 2
Street Fighter IV
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

Back