New rad and now unstable.. sorta

medel

Limp Gawd
I got a new rad (BI GTS360) upgrading from a BIX120. (6 yate loons! YAY!) Temps are much lower yatta yatta, but now I can't fold on my GPU. My CPU seems stable, and even if I put it to stock and underclock the GPU it still fails to even get 1% of a work unit before ending. Any ideas as to what I could have done?
Only my CPU is watercooled, too...

Check PSU rails - you've gone from 1 or 2 fans on rad to 6 fans on rad. Could be leaving GPU underpowered.

I thought about the GPU just not getting enough juice as it's a 1900xtx, but it is on it's own PSU (380w) with only the GPU, fans and a CD drive. (Usually good to have something on it other than the GPU just to help keep the rails constant). I'll try moving the fans to the CPU's PSU today. I had tried unplugging 3 of the fans just to see if that helped. I had thought they may just make the power unclean or something.

actual plan for today is to move fans to a diferent PSU (from an external hard drive) just to check if they're the cause..

Nope, still the same. :( Any other ideas? If my CPU block weren't sitting 100% perfect could this cause the problems even though the temps look ok? Should I try reseating?

Putting the 1900xtx's fan up to 100% constant seems to be stable (has been running for ~1 hour without crashing as opposed to the 7 seconds it was getting before (measured at 7 seconds, no exaggerating).

Since I have the rad for it, is there really any GPU waterblock that's decent other than an MCW60? Any other suggestions at hand? Pretty much all I see around are the swifties and DD Mazes.

Also what is a good pump other than DDCs? They're a little out of my price range if I'm buying a new GPU waterblock, too (can't say my MCW50 is gonna fit on the 1900 :( (also has alu top on copper bottom...))

Back