New Ram for friend

sin01

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, my friend needs new ram, 1gb. He doesnt care if it its 1 stick or 2 of 512... whichever is less expensive and a better idea. (isnt 2 sticks better?). Is newegg still the place i should direct him, and if so, what kind of money should he be paying for this. He told me this "PC-2100 200-pin" if that means something to you. He is currently looking at $135.... is that a good price?

Thank you for you guys help

get his rig specs from him. that's memory that's meant to go in a laptop.. ;)

his laptop: its a sony vaio pcg-k33, pentium 4 3.06 GHz. ati radeon igp 345M. 64MB video ram shared w/ main memory. 60gb hd. 512mb PC-2100 DDR

He is trying to play the sims and its running slow =). but in anycase, he wants a ram upgrade. So, any advice, best price... ideal price? Where to buy... what to look for?

Everything is much appreciated.

open task manager and look at how much memory is left while he's playing. could be the integrated video he's having trouble with..

its not just when he is playing the game anymore, his computer hangs constantly now... any sudjestions or helps? =)

oh, it just hangs, like while he's just surfing? check for virii, make sure no extraneous programs are running, that sort of thing. also make sure there is no dust in the laptop's heatsink :D

Back