New rig - no booting

SolidFeather

Limp Gawd
Arg, this is driving me insane!

I just got:

DFi Lanparty UT Ultra-D
AMD athlon 3500 64bit
2x OCZ PC3200 512MB 2-3-2-5 (In slot 1 and 3)
OCZ Modstream 520W
MSI 6600GT
Seagate 200GB

When I plug the power cord from the wall sokcet to the PSU the DRAM led turns on and the Stand By led. And when i press the power button 4 red leds blink for a second and nothing happens, and it just hangs like that. Everything is connected correctly (I think).
I tried to look it up the manual for the DFI but that doesn't tell me anything

Does anyone know what's wrong?

EDIT: Pictures:

picture0039kx.jpg

picture0016fl.jpg

Could be a couple things maybe. I'm sure you made sure everything was tight and secure.. but are you sure the 2-Pin power connecter is connected to the correct pins, or on all the way?

I would also try moving your ram to the 2nd and 4th DIMM slots as well.

[Edit] Also, are all the fans turning on when you are turning the PC on, including the chipset fan?

Chix4mat said:
Could be a couple things maybe. I'm sure you made sure everything was tight and secure.. but are you sure the 2-Pin power connecter is connected to the correct pins, or on all the way?

I would also try moving your ram to the 2nd and 4th DIMM slots as well.

[Edit] Also, are all the fans turning on when you are turning the PC on, including the chipset fan?

What 2-Pin connector?

And no fans go off.

Meh, I have no idea :-/

I would personally take out one stick of memory, and leave one stick in slot #2, and see if that helps anything.

Other than that, hopefully someone else has ideas.

It's pretty wierd tho, if I unplugg it from the mobo and psu the computer boots up fine. But when it's connected nothing happens :confused:

was your SATA power connector plugged in? If so, my Modstream 520 has the same problem where if it is plugged in it wont start. OCZ is aware of it now and they are having their engineers looking into it.

Back