New RV410 Info

W1zzard

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.techpowerup.com/#373

ATI's new midrange chip RV410, product name X700, will be initially available in two configurations, the RV410 XT and the RV410 Pro. Both will be native PCI-Express x16 only.
Availability for the RV410XT will be September 15th. The RV410Pro is scheduled for end of October.
The XT will have 256 MB GDDR3, the Pro 256 MB DDR1 memory. A DDR2 design is planned.
Both use a 128-bit wide memory bus interface. Clock rates are not finalized yet but should be in the 500 Mhz range for both core and memory- clock speeds are the only difference between Pro and XT.
The RV410 has the following features:
  • Produced in 0.11u process at TSMC
  • 8 Pixel Pipelines
  • 6 Vertex Pipelines
  • 3Dc support
  • No SM3.0 support
  • Dual display support + TV out
  • Support for on-die temperature monitoring
  • No external power required

hmm... this had better damn well not launch before the x800 xt platinum pci-e cards, 'cuz i'm going to be very angry at ATi if that's the case. for them to tout their "native pci-express" and then not release a single one (for their higher-end) and then plan and release a newer model of card before the better models would be really shady. especially considering that they're going to put the same memory on these as would go onto a x800.

i truly hope i can find an x800 xt platinum pci-e at the same time these are released.

but on the topic, it looks like it could be a good theoretical "counter" for nVidia's newly planned 6600's. they've got very similar specs. well, time will tell.

Squishead said:
That's a Mid-Range? 8 Pipes and 128bit? What is ATi smoking these days?
i agree, first the x800pro now this. im guessing they are making it to where you either get awesome performance or crappy performance, no more inbetween like the 9500pro. my that was a great card.

There is hardly even PCI-E boards available that are worth buying ATM so i see no rush for PCI-E video cards.

The new nForce 4 chipset from nVidia probably wont be out till around December 2004 some time.

SYN ACK said:
no, too low.

it matches the 6600GT mainstream card, 8 pipes, 128-bit memory bus, etc...

what is interesting is the rumored specs say it has 6 vertex engines

the 6600 series only has 3.

burningrave101 said:
There is hardly even PCI-E boards available that are worth buying ATM so i see no rush for PCI-E video cards.

The new nForce 4 chipset from nVidia probably wont be out till around December 2004 some time.
from the InQ, i have heard that was its release and that may be why nvidia is slow getting to the PCI-E market, smart enough to see that adoption of it was not going to be that great. which reminds me, how are ATI's pci-e cards selling? from what i have been reading they should probably have a large inventory cause i read pci-e graphics cards were not selling that well.

Brent_Justice said:
it matches the 6600GT mainstream card, 8 pipes, 128-bit memory bus, etc...

what is interesting is the rumored specs say it has 6 vertex engines

the 6600 series only has 3.

It will be interesting to see how well it performs.

Six vertex engines sounds nice.

I dont know about the rest of you but i could really care less about the 6600 GT and the X700. :p

Both of these cards are on the low end of the spectrum, so their pretty much for the people that can't afford the more expensive 6800 GT and X800Pro. I would buy a vanilla 6800nu before i ever even thought about ither of these cards.

Its like buying a new 5950u last year and wondering how well the FX 5200 will perform lol.

my only concern is how this x700 and 6600GT (which i have read will sell at 200 approx.) will compete with the 6800nu which is right now 50-75 dollars more. im just wondering if these cards can compete with it. does anybody know what performance will be relative to higher end cards.

my only concern is how this x700 and 6600GT (which i have read will sell at 200 approx.) will compete with the 6800nu which is right now 50-75 dollars more. im just wondering if these cards can compete with it. does anybody know what performance will be relative to higher end cards.

Well look at it this way, the 6800nu is 12 pipelines with a 256bit bus and can overclock to 400/900 or higher.

The X700 is 8 pipelines with a 128bit bus.

At best its a 9800SE vs a 9800 Pro lol.

burningrave101 said:
I dont know about the rest of you but i could really care less about the 6600 GT and the X700. :p

Both of these cards are on the low end of the spectrum, so their pretty much for the people that can't afford the more expensive 6800 GT and X800Pro. I would buy a vanilla 6800nu before i ever even thought about ither of these cards.

Its like buying a new 5950u last year and wondering how well the FX 5200 will perform lol.
well though my previous post points that out as well, you must remember burningrave, not everybody has money growing on trees :p . i may be getting a 6800GT now, but i still remember the days when the ti4200 was like a dream that i could never afford and then when i got the 9500pro and then i could get an aiw 9800pro. we must be conscious of other markets outside the high end/

SYN ACK said:
no, too low.

not when you consider onboard graphics are considered low end. I think the X700 and 6600 are perfect classifications of mid range. BElieve it or not, some people don't care about Doom 3 and HL2, but still would like to play their Sims and Rise of Nation at reasonable resoulutions and framerates

conscript said:
not when you consider onboard graphics are considered low end. I think the X700 and 6600 are perfect classifications of mid range. BElieve it or not, some people don't care about Doom 3 and HL2, but still would like to play their Sims and Rise of Nation at reasonable resoulutions and framerates

I would say that the 6800 GT / X800Pro and 6800U / X800XT PE are the high end with the 6800nu / 6600GT / X700 filling up the mid range and the NV30 and R300 cores are the low end. Integrated graphics are somewhere down in the basement.

Back