New Samsung Monitor

HAWT!
I hope they make a widescreen version too...that looks like a very nice LCD. A print proffesionals dream LCD.

Anything less than 1600x1200 is a waste - *especially* 19" 1280x1024 monitors.

The two tone bezel reminds me of LG. It may be impressive spec wise, but these 19" LCD with boring resolutions are a waste. These specs are totally wasted on casual users and the only people who likely want them are discontent with the resolution/size. sigh.

a ronin said:
The two tone bezel reminds me of LG. It may be impressive spec wise, but these 19" LCD with boring resolutions are a waste. These specs are totally wasted on casual users and the only people who likely want them are discontent with the resolution/size. sigh.

You think if this model is successful they won't develop a 20.1" widescreen version?

It serves as a test bed, I'm sure. I completely neglected the 20.1/21" WS segment as that is the new gamers/enthusiasts crowd, but I'm hoping against hope that they develope a 1920x1200 model.

To me that monitor looks bigger then 19" compared to that girl, but I guess she could be tiny.

The new NEC 2690 which will be for sale in September will cover 92% of the color gammut and be widesrceen. IT will use the new LG-Phillips A-TW-IPS panel. It will have all the adjustment abilities also, height, swivel, tilt, pivot. It will also be color calibratable and contain a 12 bit LUT. I dont recall the response time off the top of my head but I will check tomorrow.

Price tage will probably be between $1450 and $1750. I should know more shortly.

travbomb said:
The new NEC 2690 which will be for sale in September will cover 92% of the color gammut and be widesrceen. IT will use the new LG-Phillips A-TW-IPS panel. It will have all the adjustment abilities also, height, swivel, tilt, pivot. It will also be color calibratable and contain a 12 bit LUT. I dont recall the response time off the top of my head but I will check tomorrow.

Price tage will probably be between $1450 and $1750. I should know more shortly.

How is that going to compete with the samgsung (which has 97% color reproduction) at that price?

What ever happened to the Samsung 244ex and 245t ???

The 244ex model had LED backlights and the 245t was the updated 244t monitor.

travbomb said:

What size monitor is the NEC 2690?

travbomb said:

I'm assuming this display will use the LG-Philips LM260WU1 26" S-IPS panel and judging from the specs the response time should be 5ms g-to-g.

Does this display also employ the 1000:1/3000:1 contrast ratio spec listed for that panel?

I really like the specs of the 2690, but the price is eye popping. :eek: I will still take a look at it once it comes out. If the potential of the display holds true, you might get a sale out of me. I'll just have to put a world of hurt on my credit card. :p

si0dine said:
How is that going to compete with the samgsung (which has 97% color reproduction) at that price?

Because is it a 26" widescreen display, and that comes at an extreme price premium.

Also, Samsung is infamous for "enhancing" the specs of their monitors. I wouldn't put any stock in the supposed 97% color reproduction.

mike_j_johnson said:
What ever happened to the Samsung 244ex and 245t ???

The 244ex model had LED backlights and the 245t was the updated 244t monitor.

Both are still coming out, but have unknown release dates. The 244ex is going to be $5000 :eek:.

Anything less than 1600x1200 is a waste - *especially* 19" 1280x1024 monitors.

I remember reading somewhere where the manufacturers DID make 19 inch 16x12 monitors but there was just no demand for them. At that res, people bought bigger monitors. I wish more people were aware of that before trashing 19-20 inchers having less than 16x12, not that I'm saying you're trashing but just in general. Personally, 19inch 12x10 is fine for me but for some, bigger is better.

The next monitor that I want:
23-24"
the latest S-IPS Panel
Atleast 92% color gamut
2000:1 - 3000:1 Contrast Ratio
12 bit color
:)

I just hope that new samsung features the full 16.7 mill colors if so I will be purchasing one the week it releases.

nm 244ex=$5k. nope...

That pretty makes a 305ex 10k so no thank you there.

Back to waiting on the 3007 w/ PVA panel and updated processing.

/sigh

sooner or later :)

TechStuey05 said:
The next monitor that I want:
23-24"
the latest S-IPS Panel
Atleast 92% color gamut
2000:1 - 3000:1 Contrast Ratio
12 bit color
:)

Unfortunately I dont think any of the 24 inch wides coming out this fall will cover 92% of the color gamut. The NEC 2490 will have a 12 bit LUT and use a A-TW-IPS (which is the latest and greatest S-IPS). Looks like closer to 1000:1 contrast maybe slightly lower, but I wouldnt worry two much about giant contrasts. It will callibratable too.

LG-Philips obviously makes the panel but i am not sure if they are what model LG is using it in yet.

Light1984 said:
link

97% color reproduction
2000:1 contrast ratio
2ms

hope they make a widescreen...

Does anyone know if there is a real release date for this?? If they are premiering it just now it could still be a long time. Stuff premiers at CES all the time and doesnt ever come out for 2 years.

I also would like to know what panel it is using sinec Samsung has not been able to make a panel as good as any LG-Philips S-IPS and they dont even make monitors for the color critical market up to this point.

I guess i will believe it when i see it.

travbomb said:
Does anyone know if there is a real release date for this?? If they are premiering it just now it could still be a long time. Stuff premiers at CES all the time and doesnt ever come out for 2 years.

I also would like to know what panel it is using sinec Samsung has not been able to make a panel as good as any LG-Philips S-IPS and they dont even make monitors for the color critical market up to this point.

I guess i will believe it when i see it.

I hope that new Samsung doesn't have a TN panel because LG has a 19" monitor with similar specs with 16.2 mill colors featuring a TN panel (L970HR) 2ms 2000:1.

i dunno about others, but i sure do get sick of reading "Once you go XX you never go back". Especially the WS fanatics. Can we think of another slogan plz?

2nd place for most annoying

"WS ftw!"

If you are gonna post in the thread, be constructive with your reply rather than just opinionated.

Well, probably after getting used to WS, 4:3 doesn't look very nice compared to WS. Actually, yesterday I were wathing 2 new WS tft's of my friends, and they look a lot better than my 4:3 when comparing the aspect ratio.

Back