New screenshots of UT2007 up at IGN

Darkwalker! So awesome! :eek:

Also, that first ingame screen shot is amazing. I took me a bit to realize it wasn't concept art. That Manta shot is cool too.

The hell...those look exactly like the tripods from War of the Worlds.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I better not have to f*cking upgrade for this game.....or i'll be VERY mad lol

im pretty sure ut2k7 will be using directx 10, which no current card supports

aznpxdd said:
The hell...those look exactly like the tripods from War of the Worlds.

yea really, every game now must have it's own version of the giant long-legged walker in it's game.. half life 2, quake 4, now ut2k7, it's all very played out, it would be nice if these game devs would come up with something original for a change instead of copying the same concept off each other (and movies for that matter) /end rant :p

kofrad said:

it doesn't use any features native to directx 10 afaik. it is a feature rich dx9 engine. anyone with a 6800ultra/x1k + will be able to experience the game in its fully graphical fidelity. framerate is a seperate issue :D I expect my xtx will handle it fine though.

kofrad said:

read the first paragraph of this page:

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml :p

Techx said:
yea really, every game now must have it's own version of the giant long-legged walker in it's game.. half life 2, quake 4, now ut2k7, it's all very played out, it would be nice if these game devs would come up with something original for a change instead of copying the same concept off each other (and movies for that matter) /end rant :p

while i agree with the fact that the tripods look like the ones in war of the worlds and that tripods in general have been done in other games, out of those games have you been able to actually control it (like a vehicle) or just fight against it....you get to do both in this game though i have to wonder how the things handle on rough terrain....

From that interview it sounds like they'll be showing off quite a bit at E3, can't wait!

Back