New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

Very nice!

But I was hoping you would do the entire build internal without putting the fans on the outside.

Finally!....i agree with the others...looks good but i got the impression that everything would be inside....lol

2010-09-23155317-1.jpg

Modded X-Fi thanks to bomberboysk.

Hey guys,
After the saga of building this, I have decided that sff is not for me. I am looking at mid tower cases and am leaning towards the coolermaster scout. Anyway, I want to disassemble this thing and was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying it off me? I should be able to get most of the screws in one place, but the front dust filter is missing. Other than that its in perfect shape. I am thinking ~120 with free shipping. PM if you are interested.
I won't be able to ship til around Oct. 20th.

hello everybody,

I love my DA BOX but I had two questions both concerning fans. When facing my DA BOX,

1) For orientation I made guesses... the CPU HSF (MUGEN2100) is installed horizontally where I have one of the fans sucking air in from the right side of DA BOX and the other fan, on the other side of the MUGEN2100 blowing it out, that seems fairly straightforward (bring in cool air and pass it through).

-The fan on the back of DA BOX is also sucking air in... is that the most optimal choice?
-Finally, the last, smaller, fan is placed in front and I believe it is also sucking air in.
-I figured that, generally speaking, the airflow would be air coming in from the right of hte case and blown out to the left as the case has the holes on the left side specifically for the video card. It's the front/back airflow that confuses me...

I am running a 1090t stock and my temp range is 35-53C so i'm guessing it's not really a problem. Hell, I should be able to OC to something like 4, 4.2, 4.4 or even 4.6 as I've seen others do it on air.

2) The main issue I'm having is that the fan in front, ironically, is quieter when the system is under load! when the machine is idle, there is a "helicopter-like vibration" sound. My guess is that I need to install rubber grommets of some sort... either that or I didn't tighten the fan screws enough...

Have any of you faced a similar issue? Let me know your advice regarding which screws/rubber grommets I should purchase to reduce that particular vibration.

I had vibration issues with mine too, turned out to be my HDD. I put velcro on the feet (the soft side).

I'm selling my Da Box Black Heart w/ window. The thing is brand new. I bought it, looked it over, and put it back into the box it came in for my "future build". I got no use out of it. Its a shame really, had big plans for it. Damn money, you need it for everything these days...

Whats a good price, $110 shipped?

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be getting one of these in the mail. I'll post pictures when I finish the build, this should be interesting.

Rampage II Gene x58
Intel i7 920
6 GB (3x 2 GB) Corsair XMS 1666 DDR3
Thermaltake Frio HSF
GTX 285
74 GB Raptor, 2x 1 TB Seagate (will 3 even fit without the extra HDD module?)
LiteOn Optical (willing to option this out for an extra hard drive, or just to keep less clutter)
I have a 750w Corsair but im looking into getting the modular since I'm certain it won't fit in this chasis with all the extra cabling.

I have an external DVD burner that makes more sense since like most people I rarely actually use an optical drive for anything anymore besides installing Windows, and having 1 external is cheaper and easier than buying a new drive for every build.

I got my case in the mail from 10x and I was excited to get building. Once I got my hands into the case it definitely prove a bit challenging fitting everything in there (especially since I haven't gotten a modular PSU yet), but once it all fit into place it's really a nice case.

Temps aren't horrible either, they are practically on par with my Coolermaster Storm Scout. I used all the same components and I'm using the front fan, HDD fan and top 120mm fan. Sadly my huge Tt Frio is blocking the side 120mm fan spot and I can't imagine how anyone could fit a fan into the 60mm spot as it would have to be wafer thin to not hit the motherboard.

Overall I'm happy with the transition, and I'll probably be buying the travel case soon to make my LAN trips a bit easier. I previously had my Scout in one hand (the handle sucks btw), a backpack with peripherals and cables, and a monitor in a geargrip in the other hand. The bag should at least fit enough to make one less thing to carry. (I'm thinking some kind of frankenbag for the geargrip ^_^ )

Sorry for the craptastic cellphone pictures, just didn't have the patience to take pictures during the build.

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

I can't imagine how anyone could fit a fan into the 60mm spot as it would have to be wafer thin to not hit the motherboard.

http://www.crazypc.com/products/5607.html

You need a 10mm fan like this. I happen to have one available from my da box build before I sold the case. It moves quite a bit of air. Let me know if you want it, or if anyone else wants it, I'll let it go for $7 shipped, its practically brand new, cheaper than you can find it at any other place.

Last edited:
I've been interested in this case for several weeks now, but their store remains 'out of stock'...any idea when this will change?

The case will be in stock next week. We are just waiting to fill out the last pre orders.
Otherwise, you'll notice that the HDD cage for extra hard drive is available. It comes with the rubber grommets and screws.
The bag is also here. It is VERY nice, high quality, padded and compatible with most SFF out there. You guys might want to check it out. We'll have to take more pictures with some DABOX, SG0x, Qpack, etc... I have been enjoying carrying my set up for a few weeks now and it is very praticle. The back of the bag has some straps for the keyboard. Everything else fit in the top pocket.

For EU customers only.
Please, note that DA BOX is in stock at materiel.net : http://www.materiel.net/.

I'm back on the forum and looking at getting some more of you guys feedback.
Would any of you be interested if we offered some feet for DA BOX that could be bought separatly for cheap (we are thinking $6 or less)?

Any chance we could get some better pictures of the bag? Maybe with some items in the upper pouch to get a good idea of how much space we have to work with? I'm looking to make my LAN setup two items, just a bag and my monitor in its geargrip, but here's my LAN manifest;

Da Box
Microsoft x6 sidewinder keyboard (GREAT lan keyboard that has a removable numpad)
keyboard gel wristrest
eXactmat w/ gel rest
G9 wired mouse w/ mouse bungie
G35 wired headset
2x power cables
DVI->HDMI cable
25ft cat6 cable
8 port powerstrip
and occasionally my iphone dock w/ cable

If all of this would fit that would be AMAZING. I realize this might involve putting the keyboard in that external pouch and perhaps hanging the headset around the strap or some other method of securing it externally. . but this sounds like it COULD work?

I've ordered Da Box 100 from the European Lan-Gear store this tuesday hoping it would arrive before christmas :)

It says on the page it is in stock, but the status on my order is still "Preparation in progress". How long did it take for you guys to recieve your case? :)

There wasn't any definitive answer as far as when it will be in stock... I understand all the preorders come first but dang... WHEN!!!! lol:eek:

I've ordered Da Box 100 from the European Lan-Gear store this tuesday hoping it would arrive before christmas :)

It says on the page it is in stock, but the status on my order is still "Preparation in progress". How long did it take for you guys to recieve your case? :)

I had the order #9 from EU shop. Paid august 5, shipped august 10, arrived august 12.

Weee! Got my case today :)

Got all the hardware ready as well:

MB: ASUS Rampage III GENE
CPU: Core i7 950
CPU Cooler: Corsair H70 (Planning on mounting the rad on the back of the case)
RAM: 6GB Kingston DDR3
GFX: PowerColor ATI HD5970
PSU: Corsair AX850
HHD: 2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint

Looking forward to mount everything in the case when i get home :D

I signed up just because of this thread and case. Love it!! Too bad they're out of stock. :(

If anyone wants to part with theirs let me know! I'm gonna be haunting this thread from now on. Haha. Great case.

Too bad mattinv dissappeared again. The feet would be welcome since the case does sit a tad too low. I've looked at adding some decent feet, but I know that would involve a little bit of drilling. Would be nice if they included the holes pre-drilled and threaded but every modification adds cost to production I'm sure.

Still interested in the bag, I just would like to get a good size comparison with some gear in the bag to see what I would have to work with. Does anyone have the bag that could do me a favor?

LIES. And yes, I would be interested in feet. I hate computer cases that are flat without a platform like feet.

The case will be in stock next week. We are just waiting to fill out the last pre orders.
Otherwise, you'll notice that the HDD cage for extra hard drive is available. It comes with the rubber grommets and screws.
The bag is also here. It is VERY nice, high quality, padded and compatible with most SFF out there. You guys might want to check it out. We'll have to take more pictures with some DABOX, SG0x, Qpack, etc... I have been enjoying carrying my set up for a few weeks now and it is very praticle. The back of the bag has some straps for the keyboard. Everything else fit in the top pocket.

For EU customers only.
Please, note that DA BOX is in stock at materiel.net : http://www.materiel.net/.

I'm back on the forum and looking at getting some more of you guys feedback.
Would any of you be interested if we offered some feet for DA BOX that could be bought separatly for cheap (we are thinking $6 or less)?

Well my work PC need more horsepower than the Core2Quad that was in there could offer so I swapped my PHIIX6 in there along with 16 gigs of RAM and re-installed my beloved Rampage II Gene. When I put this rig together, the thought of installing/removing the motherboard tray with the Cocage arrow mounted didn't even cross my mind as it's so freaking huge. To my surpirse:

It clears!

f231428e.jpg

adb098a4.jpg

Sorry for the high-resolution, dust-showing pics. The Arrow does have to be rotated 90 degrees to properly fit the Socket 1366 setup from the AM3 setup. I have a 120x38mm fan in the middle of the heatsink with direction of the fan blowing towards the graphics card. I will have to modify my GSkill Razor modules to clear the innermost RAM slot if I plan on going triple channel (right now I only have 2-4 gig sticks).

I just ordered mine: Lan Gear Da Box 100 Blackheart, no window. To those who care, they stocked a few of these and there's only one left in stock now. :)

Great pictures and case, but as far as I know... the H70 should fit inside. I know for a fact the H50 does. Did you check?

I did check, and it actually could. But having the rad in there was reducing air flow and the heat from the rad would have trouble getting out... Allready it's hot inside the case. According to Corsair the H70 rad should be mounted as intake, but I think im gonna switch it to exhaust instead :)

Definitely try exhaust. After doing some research, I've found that despite Corsair's suggestion a lot of people have proven exhaust works better. But you still have to see what works best for you.

I have been thinking about getting out of my giant Cosmos S and into a matx case. I want to add the Arctic Cooler hsf to my gtx480 and I think that in a regular tower, it may sag (i have other reasons) so i was thinking of the FT03 but i have read things tgat lead me to wonder if the heat pipes in the AC cooler will work with the card hanging down.

I always liked the Lan-Gear case, but now it seems even more ideal; big cards wont sag and heat pipes should work best with this motherboard orientation...

:(

Noooooo, the one I wanted is out of stock...

I was gonna buy the Da Box Blackheart sans window as soon as my paypal account linked my credit card.

I hope a new shipment is due in soon, but after the long wait last time I'm not holding my breath.

Ryun, you just barely missed it. There was at least 2 in stock last week. :(
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back