New Silverstone FT02

So many good builds in this thread and yet so few showing off the most innovative feature of all. EXTERNAL cable routing due to the unique design. The primary reason I'm even considering this case. That top access sounds fantastic, although I'm not sure if it's good enough to replace my Antec P183. ♥

So many good builds in this thread and yet so few showing off the most innovative feature of all. EXTERNAL cable routing due to the unique design. The primary reason I'm even considering this case. That top access sounds fantastic, although I'm not sure if it's good enough to replace my Antec P183. ♥

I posted photos in the SS Gallery, here you go:
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037247086&postcount=487

The FT02 makes swapping cables a breeze. I have access to all of my ports without moving the case.
I can use the motherboard USB ports for basic devices like thumb drives or cellphone charger. With a normal case, only the front ports can be used conveniently.

This is such an awesome case, yet they won't improve it.

You sure? Sales are probably still strong, so why put out a model that will make it obsolete now? They're probably working on it though. Personally I'd like to see a taller ft02 that can easily take radiators down below. SS made a case like this for the Voodoo Omen.

This is such an awesome case, yet they won't improve it.
They did update the case with sleeved AP181 fans, USB 3.0 and better locking HDD sleds.
You sure? Sales are probably still strong, so why put out a model that will make it obsolete now? They're probably working on it though. Personally I'd like to see a taller ft02 that can easily take radiators down below. SS made a case like this for the Voodoo Omen.

That's what I wanted the TJ11 to be, not what it is now.
The same design as the FT02 but taller. They could have done that for around $350.

I'm going to use this case in the computer I'm building in January. Planning on hooking up an H80 push/pull on the top.

Really looking forward to it. This case looks amazing.

First time poster, found this thread while researching cases for my new build and thought you guys would like some pics (sorry for the crappy cell phone image quality...but you get the idea). Decided on the silver, no window, I think it looks pretty slick, black dvd drives don't bother me that much, maybe in the future I'll spraypaint the faceplates silver or something, but I'm pretty lazy so that may or may not happen.

Cabeling was kind of a pain, but it all fit nicely. So much nicer and quieter than the Antec SX830 I had (I'm still going to hold onto that one, maybe turn it into a Linux file server or something, it's a beast and is still kickin hard). Enjoy!

specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K (not oc'd yet, getting there)
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
MSI P67A-GD65
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB 1333
Intel 128GB SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Corsair AX850 modular power supply
MSI Cyclone PE Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium

Taking the 3 big fans out of this thing is going to be a pain. Has anyway found a way to make them easy to remove without having to remove the switches attached to the top to get the fans out. Even with the filters after a year of use there's caked on dust on the fans. And these are not easy to remove.

Speaking of Voodoo Omen, I would love to see a new Fortress case that could fit some damn radiators =) I would've bought the FT02 too if I just wanted to aircool but watercooling > aircooling xD

Has anyone ever seen or investigated the possibility of stacking two solid state drives using something like the included bracket behind the 5.25" bays? Cabling might be a bit of a bitch, but I'd love it put two drives on top of each other back there. Tight for space... but just maybe?

you obviously haven't been paying attention

lol, good one.

where'd u get ur screw on cable ties? I could've used some of those when building my FT02.

I just installed a few cable clamps myself. I bought them from Performance-PCs. 8 1/2" Clamps and 8 6-32x1/4" screws. Only used 7 of each.

Clamps
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=44_80&products_id=29430

Screws (You can also get them in other colors)
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=60_724_728&products_id=27237

NJRNs.jpg

siF9E.jpg

All wires are flat. Allows the door panel to open and close hassle free.

PoIBH.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone using this case with a wireless network card?

I've read a couple reviews with people stating the top cover interferes with wireless signals. Wondering if there is any truth to that?

I've read a couple reviews with people stating the top cover interferes with wireless signals. Wondering if there is any truth to that?

I'm using a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse with the 2.4ghz unifying reciever thingie. If I plug the little dongle into one of the i/o panel USB ports and have the top cover on it certainly fucks with my range, so I imagine it would effect a wifi signal similarly, yeah...

My wireless signal went to crap when I moved everything into this case (even with the cover off). With the cover on my signal was slim to none. The only reason I was using wireless is because the router in our house is two rooms away, I ended up running a 50ft cat5 to the router and am much happier now that I did.

Thanks for the replies guys.

It's possible for me to to run Ethernet cable to the PC, just not that practical.

It's possible for me to to run Ethernet cable to the PC, just not that practical.

Powerline adapters have matured enough to be a good alternative requiring no long cable runs. YMMV.

You can always use a USB wifi adapter and either stick it in one of the 2 case ports at the front or run an extension cable out the back and attach it there.

Not very good pictures but here is what mine looks like with the 2x180mm rad:

Hey Evochuck,

I plan on doing something similar once my FT02 arrives. Mind sharing the rest of your set-up and temps?

Also, where did do get the rad? I have been looking all over, but it is out-of-stock everywhere.

Before I forget - very nice build!

Hey Evochuck,

I plan on doing something similar once my FT02 arrives. Mind sharing the rest of your set-up and temps?

Also, where did do get the rad? I have been looking all over, but it is out-of-stock everywhere.

Before I forget - very nice build!

I got the rad at frozen cpu, but there was only one left after i bought mine.
As for the setup im running a 2500k at 4.8ghz, I see about 68deg temps running prime95 and the GTX570@ 950mhz 1.1v will get to about 42 deg running furmark.

Setup is:
XSPC D5 bay res
EKWB FC-580 D2 (asus reference board )
Koolance CPU-370
Magicool 2x180 slim rad
TFC 3/8 ID tubing
Bitpower compression fitting
and well distilled water :p

@Evochuck - are you happy with this 2x180 radiator? What are the results, could you compare performance to other classic radiators, or is that your first loop on that hardware.

I got the rad at frozen cpu, but there was only one left after i bought mine.
As for the setup im running a 2500k at 4.8ghz, I see about 68deg temps running prime95 and the GTX570@ 950mhz 1.1v will get to about 42 deg running furmark.

Thanks for the info.

FrozenCPU should now notify me when either the dual or triple come in stock.

Since the dual 180 fits with minor mods, I might use my H50 for the CPU and the dual rad for cooling two GTX 580s.

If I decide to go for the triple, then I might cool everything with one loop.

@Evochuck - are you happy with this 2x180 radiator? What are the results, could you compare performance to other classic radiators, or is that your first loop on that hardware.

Well I went form full air to WC, so no real base comparison, other then my very good air setup, to be honest i didnt see a huge cpu improvement over a silver arrow, but the the gpu temps are staggering compared ot asus DC2 design over 20deg diff......I am overall very happy

I am considering getting this case as well but I don't think my pair of triple-slot Matrix 580GTX will fit. I am thinking of permanently removing the drive cage in order to get the video cards to fit (and get better airflow to the cards as well). Has anyone tried this?

I am considering getting this case as well but I don't think my pair of triple-slot Matrix 580GTX will fit. I am thinking of permanently removing the drive cage in order to get the video cards to fit (and get better airflow to the cards as well). Has anyone tried this?

Are you using the 3rd or 4th x16 slot for the second Matrix?

Back