New speed testing site

Crappy Comcast upload...

Detroit to Chicago

Detroit to LA

Detroit to London

I'm bumping this thread because I don't lurk here often enough and missed it when it got posted. I designed this speed test (as well as speakeasy's) and am particularly glad the [H] forum found it because I also designed HardOCP.com.

So in any case thanks for looking at it and if anyone has any additional questions, comments, and feedback on the site, I would really be interested in hearing them.

Comcast Bay Area, CA

46088012.png

bellsouth dsl miami.

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.3e
click START to begin
Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 322.13Kb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 2.48Mb/s
Your PC is connected to a Cable/DSL modem

I hate adelphia...I pay 20$ more for this connection at school then my parents pay for 5Mbps from Cox at home.

Just upgraded to the enhanced Comcast service (8.0/768) from the 6.0/384 in my earlier post.

not to derail but omg you should see the midwest. i work for a isp we sell 256k connestions for 45$ and we can out sell the phone company and the cable company put togeather. half our new clients are former clients of other companys.

the majority of the central USA is so far behind it is not funny.

Optimum online in NJ
Should be 15mb down somewhere around around 2mbps up I believe.

Ill run my comquack through and see what I get (4000/368)

Hmm, must be a miracle... Im getting more than what I pay for. It started out at ~12Mbps for awhile, then slowly backed down to 6.

Not bad for Charter here at home, most of the time they pretty much suck, but I'm getting close to my rated speeds so that makes me happy :D

Back