New Thermaltake Cases

Why do people insist on harping on the way a case looks,it's purely a case of personal taste.The Xaser may not be everyone's cup of tea,but you can't knock the quality of the case,and it has a great cooling system.Price? Have you seen the prices of other brands like Lian-Li for cases with less features?A case should be judged first on things like quality and performance,looks should be left to the personal preference of the buyer.

Yeah, the aesthetics on a case are definitely in the eye of the beholder. To me, probably 2/3 of the "enthusiast" cases on the market could be painted beige and they'd look no different than the cases from 15 years ago, only they now have USB ports on them.
Granted I don't want something tacky, but I'd like something to look a little different.
Thermaltake seems to have cases that look modern but traditional, and then they have those wacky ones that don't even look functional. I like that they have both options.
The main thing I like about their cases is how easy to use they are. Everything short of mounting the mobo is tool free, and they feel really sturdy. Modifications to the inside are also easy because everything is modular.

Im happy with my Armor + MX so far, picked it up this past week. Painted it, ot it all together late last night. I just need to clean up a little bit of the wiring and do a few other mods I wanted to do.

It looks like there should be room for the 9800gtx in there barely
case1.JPG

case2.JPG

case3.JPG

case4.JPG

case5.JPG

Thermaltake uses more plastic than Jacko's surgeon.

Surely your talking about Raidmax , Antec (broke some side panel clips on a cheap Antec case, just sliding it back in place) and Ultra products, since all of the current (and since 2002-3 as far as I know because of my case, dunno what the prior Xaser models were like) Thermaltake line is steel/Aluminium, besides the side panel window, or the parts on the top of the mid tower models (or your just showing your obvious lack of knowledge about a product line and just being a troll).

Nice looking case Badz24, hard to tell from the photos but you'll need to measure out and see if you can squeeze 10.5" into the gap between the PCIE backplate and the HDD rack, so you would know for sure if a 9800 series would fit.

Wow, just checked Thermaltakes site ready to buy an armor mx+, they have MORE new cases. Look at the M9D, it looks exactly like what I want, I love the changing colors. How much do you think it will be?

There is someone who owns one in the last page or two of the thermaltake case thread within the case gallery section, might be worth pm'ing them or checking newegg for prices as I know they sell it.

I really liked the original Armor series, and was waiting on the updates. I'm not wild about shrinking it from a full ATX to a mid-tower, but I think this version looks fantastic. I hope they update the full ATX case with this case's good looks.

Like others, I'm concerned about the plastic topper, though. I don't really like plastic on my cases, but if it's necessary, there's a way to do it well.

I always thought that Tsunami case (Al version) they put out a while ago was a total ripoff on that CM Wavemaster case but I saw it a couple days ago at CompUSA and I actually kinda liked it... It was probably a lot more functional than the original Wavemaster ever was.

I was just looking for a cheap case to transfer my current system to, so I could free up my Super Lanboy (quite fond of it!) for a new system but had that Tsunami being a lil' closer to $100 I might've snapped it up. I've never quite understood the point of the Armor's wings tho, seems gimmicky as heck... 'Least actual case doors will keep more dust out and isolate noise to an extent, but those flaps don't seem functional at all.

That's technically bashing Thermaltake, could say the same thing about Lian-Li (that have made square boxes without changing the external appearance from day one to present...although the insides are well laid out), Antec (have never ventured into aluminum cases to date,

That's not entirely accurate... Lian-Li's had a couple very interesting designs, internally... The A05 is pretty nifty for anyone looking for a small case, very original reversed design. There's the V series too... Obviously they go for the simplistic exterior designs regardless though.

Oh and Antec's had a couple Al cases... My Super Lanboy is aluminum (kinda flimsy too though it's stood up well to the test of time) and I think the P160 was also aluminum. Though I do think we're seeing less aluminum mid-towers overall these days, from all manufacturers, 'specially the big ones. Li-li's still churning 'em out but they've never had a foot on retail...

And some of us would pay far too much on shipping for a case. :p

P.S. I think I saw someone mention something about replacement parts, that's one area Antec is great at, in some cases they'll just send it to ya for free or for the shipping cost even.

There is someone who owns one in the last page or two of the thermaltake case thread within the case gallery section, might be worth pm'ing them or checking newegg for prices as I know they sell it.

I don't see it in the gallery anywhere, I also don't see it on Neweggs site.

That's technically bashing Thermaltake, could say the same thing about Lian-Li (that have made square boxes without changing the external appearance from day one to present...although the insides are well laid out), Antec (have never ventured into aluminum cases to date, and you said Thermaltake are ugly, have you seen the 900 front bezel and the 1200 is shockingly ugly from almost any angle), and Coolermaster (The Cosmos S is what the Stackers should have been...but with intake filters as a bonus)...that should have covered the odds that you own one of those brands...and I wasn't bashing them or anything just pointing out the immediately obvious:D

re. the bold text above: What are the Lanboy, the Super Lanboy and the p160 made of, eh? And material only makes a difference where it makes a real difference. You'd have to find a way to really shrink the size of the package (like AOpen's collapsible ATX boxes) to make that light weight yield a benefit. I just shipped a Rocketfish - only weighs 26 pounds but the box is so large I could have shipped 54+ pounds in the box for the same money.

And Apevia throws the rice with the best of 'em...

.bh.

Not going to get an 8800 GTX, Ultra, or any of the 9800 series into that space without some modification, dimensions are smaller than my Xaser III, and the shark.

You can fit the 9800GTX I will post pictures when i get home. Its a very tight fit though!! You have to pull the hard drive cage out a few inches to be able to slip it in.

Mmm. That kind of dampens my enthusiasm a bit for the mid-tower, though. I was thinking I'd do a 4870x2.

I see they ARE doing the Armor+ in full-tower guise as well, though. Mmmm.

The Armor+ was first released as a big tower. Actually it is *really* big. A 8800 GTX or 9800 GTX if you want can still be 5 or 6 cm longer and it would still fit in this case. If you remove the VGA fan bracket (which is really easy, since it is not preinstalled), you have around 10cm space left between the end of a 8800 GTX card and the HDD cage.

Back