heres my setup
mobo gigabyte ga n650sli-ds4
proc e6750
mem corsair xms2 2x1gb 5-5-5-12 1.8v
vid evga 8600gt
thermaltake purepower 600w
running vista 32

now theres my specs heres what im up against
currently Im trying to o/c my system. last time i overclocked it was my old athlon xp and that was minimal.
currently I can hit 3ghz no prob on auto voltages
so im at 8x375 and memory is stock been running like this for months no probs
I got a better psu and have another 8600gt on the way so i decided to up that to maybe
3.4ghz
if I go 8x376 I get nothing. not even the bios screen. I cannot go anything at all past 3ghz I can take my mem up to 850 no prob. I dont know where to start here
im not good with all these voltages and what not.
so basically I need every setting I need for a base. because moving from auto so anything else other than my basic clock and memory speeds I am pretty well unsure of. all the voltages do not show current v they show normal and +.001 +.002 and so on.
i will honestly paypal 25 bucks to anyone who can help me completely optimize my system settings and get me to 3.4ghz or higher. I have stock cooling but im willing to get aftermarket.
any help theres 25 bucks up for grabs.
thanks all

sorry in advance to the forum if there is no bribing allowed for help:eek:

Impressive OC on the stock cooling, but if the system isn't even posting on the faster setting, then I think that it's telling you something. Perhaps your memory can't handle the timings and needs a manual adjustment.
I know that OC is all about the maximum gains, but 3.2 to 3.4 is a 6.25% increase in processor speed, you likely will only tell the difference in benchmarks.

Set it to 8 x 400, set ram timings/speeds to stock and multiplier so that it is running also at 400fsb, add a bit of voltage to the cpu, maybe one, two steps, and retry.

Damn near any E6750 out there should run 3200mhz at stock voltage or maybe one step more volts.....even on stock cooling.

Ive tried all that. even tried big jumps little jumps. im about to pull the little hair i do have outa my head.
and now im trying to figure out if the second 8600gt sli is accually working properlly or not.
but thats another thread i guess

bump up the voltage to the north bridge. it may be called vmch. also, make sure your ram isnt running at 1t. what makes you think your cards are not running in sli?

Take off auto voltage and control it manually. Boost the northbridge and CPU voltages gradually as you up the FSB and you should be able to take it higher.

I have noticed my nb is really freaking hot. even stock settings. I dont think upping voltage is gona help that. any way to cool that sucker down a bit?

Buy a Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme, and maybe an HR-05(/SLI), or glue a 40-50mm fan on the northbridge.

Back