New to COD MW2

Droc

2[H]4U
I had played it before, but never online for more then a few min.
I picked it up again and have been trying to give MP a try for a few days and I have to say its garbage.
Everyone just runs around like headless chickens, maps only last a few min and it seems like every mode is just DM or TDM. Not to mention the clinically retarded morons who scream over the mic.
I think what ruins it is the spawning system. I spend half my time spawning and getting killed before I get 5 feet. That and no matter where you are, it seems the enemy spawns behind you. You cant "clear" any area, and you cant use team tactics. A sniper cant use a spot and cover an area because someone just spawns behind.

My only real FPS MP the past few years has been CSS, office map religiously and I cant even compare how much better CSS is. Flames aside, COD would be half decent if it wasnt for the stoopid spawning system.

I have both the addons and have tried a few modes, but 99% of the players are TDM or DM. I have been trying for days to play a CFT game in hopes it has some sort of attack/defend scheme to it.
I never got into the COD hype and dont see any MP appeal now so does it get any better or should I move on back to CSS?

I think what ruins it is the spawning system. I spend half my time spawning and getting killed before I get 5 feet. That and no matter where you are, it seems the enemy spawns behind you. You cant "clear" any area, and you cant use team tactics.

Sound like you just need practice. The following pertains mostly to team deathmatch...If you pay attention to where your teammates are you can get an idea of where the enemy team is currently spawning and where they might be coming form. Situational awareness is your friend. Practice.

If you want to play MW2 online you might be better off playing on Xbox as the player base is enormous rather than on PC where the player base is much smaller nowadays. It takes me like five minutes of sitting in the lobby waiting for players to match up. If you are hard on playing PC look into aterIWnet. I think the site is alteriw.net. Some guys took MW2 and hacked dedicated servers into it. It's basically what IWnet should have been.

Sound like you just need practice. The following pertains mostly to team deathmatch...If you pay attention to where your teammates are you can get an idea of where the enemy team is currently spawning and where they might be coming form. Situational awareness is your friend. Practice.

If you want to play MW2 online you might be better off playing on Xbox as the player base is enormous rather than on PC where the player base is much smaller nowadays. It takes me like five minutes of sitting in the lobby waiting for players to match up. If you are hard on playing PC look into aterIWnet. I think the site is alteriw.net. Some guys took MW2 and hacked dedicated servers into it. It's basically what IWnet should have been.

WARNING : Do not download the full pirated and altered MP client (as its linked on this site) as its being tracked and its the douche thing to do. The full game has been on sale recently for $14.99 on Steam.

Everything just feels like DM.

Is CTF any good? I have been trying to get into a game for days.

its not the greatest game but i found hardcore search and destroy to be really fun.

.44 magnums kills were my bread and stun grenade impact kills were my butter. fun fun times.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9cDP_RJMS0"]YouTube - ‪stuns and knives.wmv‬‏[/ame]

Everything just feels like DM.

Is CTF any good? I have been trying to get into a game for days.

You may be hard pressed to find any meaningful games on PC as the player counts are low these days. I'm sure on Xbox finding a game of your choice wouldn't be a problem. There are keyboard and mouse systems for Xbox if you can't stand playing with a controller.

CTF can be fun, sure. Personally though I just stuck with domination and deathmatch (solo and team) modes. Headquarters and all the other types just piss me off.

Back