New to modern games. Don't know what to choose?

rusty12

Limp Gawd
I wanted to order some new games today with the order of PC hardware for my new build. Now, I haven't been playing any new modern game at all recently so I'm sort of out of the loop. The game that I am really familiar with is CounterStrike 1.6 lol. I mean my current PC with a GeForce2 MX 32meg, just can't quite cut it with any modern title. So, I was wondering if you guys could tell me if these games have fun multi-player since they are the ones that look intriguing enough to me to purchase.

Company of Heroes
Battlefiled2 ........which is more popular BF2 or BF2142 or whatever its called?
Half-Life 2 with CS:S

Anything else you guys want to recommend, please feel free. Thanks

DNF and TF2

Shame on you picking on n00bie cheese like that. :p I chuckled though. Hehe.

As far as my recommendations:
Team Fortress 2 (not sure if that's out yet...soon it will be if it's not though)
Call of Juarez (western themed FPS game)
Dark Messiah (multiplayer is such a blast even if there are only a few servers)
Supreme Commander
Command and Conquer 3

Half-Life 2
HL2 - Episode 1
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
FarCry
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

my old computer ( up till last Dec. ) had a geforce3 64mb , I know the pain.

Well whenever stupid buy.com decides to send my new video card I'll have a 8800GTS.

Do people still play Battlefield 2? That game looks so cool to me. I know its old, but it looks like a lot of fun. Battlefield 2142 or whatever, dosent look as nice since I'm not into futuristic fps and such.

What is DNF? lol I know TF2 isn't out yet. I'm not that uninformed. I sure want it though as it looks hot

What is DNF? lol I know TF2 isn't out yet. I'm not that uninformed. I sure want it though as it looks hot

Duke Nukem Forever otherwise known as Did Not Finish. It's been over 10 years since they announced that game IIRC.

I have been playing the BF2141 demo, go check it out. It's pretty fun since its a little more than capping flags like BF. I have not played BF2 in a while since I'm going through the single player C&C 3 campaigns.

get F.E.A.R. and BF2 those are my favorites.

Back