New to overclocking

Hi guys,

I am a complete noob when it comes overclocking. I was wonder if someone on here who have similar setup as mine and would like to point me in the right direction. I'm not looking for extreme overclocking just some moderately overclocking so that I can stretch my current setup a bit further without upgrading. I don't really play any games...once in a full moon. I guess I just want it to be a bit faster by overclocking it and hold off on any major upgrade. I mainly use the system for photoshoping, software development and general computing.

The best thing for you to do is just upp your multi to about x16 or so, should net you a bit of an OC....i have that CPU and the non deluxe version of that mobo and was able to hit 3.0 GHz, but not very stable(albeit i didnt really tweak it), i had a rock solid 2.9 GHz overclock going the whole time though.....

in short - use the multi to overclock it until its "stable"(use Prime 95 or another stress test program to test this by running the program for a few hours)

Back