eVGA 680i A1
eVGA 8800GTS 640mb
Creative SB Audigy
Corsair Dominator 6400C4
WD Raptor 74G
Seagate 250G
Corsair HX620

Cooling components:
DangerDen TDX 775 (w/ accelerator nozzle 4)
DangerDen D5 pump
Swiftech Micro-res
Thermochill PA120.1
Tygon 1/2 ID
2 x Silverstone FM121 (on rad)

BEFORE:
DSC00389.jpg

AFTER:
DSC00408.jpg

What do you think of the noctua fans? I'm thinking about switching all my fans over to those for noise reasons.

They're great, you can barely hear em even without any other the anti-noise stuff they give u. They push alotta air too, but not a good choice for a radiator since they only push 40 or so cfm's, but if you're looking for a quiet fan with maybe some of the best cooling abilities, then look no further.

Hey dude...we have the same alarm clock. Haha.

Good job!! Was curious about those Noctua fans myself. Good to know.

Those noctua fans are good.

I'd say, about 10-15% quieter than yate loons at similar airflow levels. They don't, however, have as much static pressure as the yate loon fans... Therefore I wouldn't reccommend switching to them.

They're great fans to start with, but they're nothing to switch to (compared to a yate at least).

OP: Your tubing is very, very clear. I'm jealous of it! Have you considered mounting the pump down... I assume it vibrates something fierce just laying down there.

Nice job btw.

Thanks for the replies guys, actually the pump is sorta stuck like that. The rad sits so low that the tubing would need to kink in order to have the pump sit flat, but its not a big issue, the flow is still fine and i can't even hear it, to get rid of the rattle I put a couple layers of thermaltake noise dampening material I had laying around form my previous lian-li pc-7, so no worries there

Quiet fans and yet you still have that whiny pos fan on the north bridge? Looks good, how about some temps?

the NB fan is @ 60%, its barely audible, as for temps, 34/35 idle, doesnt go past 45 on load, 3.0ghz OC @ 1.45 vCore

the NB fan is @ 60%, its barely audible, as for temps, 34/35 idle, doesnt go past 45 on load, 3.0ghz OC @ 1.45 vCore

1.45 seems a little high for 3.0. is that the lowest stable voltage? you should be able to get to 3.2 on those settings.

How much of a difference in temps did you see going from the Cool IT to real water cooling?

Appearantly my 680i doesn't like anything lower than that, but i will give it a try. Compared to the CoolIt Eliminator, this thing is quiet, the problem with the CoolIt is that it does "fan checks" eveyr 10 secs, so even if you have it on low, the fan will rev up to high for a brief second to "check" up on the system. On medium I could hear the fan speed fluctuating alot and on high...its pretty damn loud. Also, for a tec/liquid cooling system, the temps weren't impressive, @ 2.8 Ghz, the temps ranged from 37-39 on medium fan speed and could hit 48 on load. On high however, it maintained a cool 30 idle. With this setup, its not very audible and still maintains better cooling than that POS 92mm fan on the back on the eliminator. Depending on the stability of things I may bump it up to 3.2, since temps mainly depend on vCore anyways..

all i want to know is how much the alarm clock wil overclock! might get me off work sooner!

Back