new to the set

xbreaka

Gawd
hello every one found myself in quite the bind..just got a server at theplanet.com a windows box with plesk..got lazy and installed wamp uninstalled it and now there are some files that bring up "cannot delete mysql5.0.51b" wondering if any one has a solution seems like this place could bring it vets. =)

I've used lamp but not wamp, can't help much. Maybe MySQL was running during the uninstall and the files were locked? I've never actually had cause to remove it.

this is what a ticket told me

please make sure mysql is stopped first. A running service can keep file handles open even if explorer doesn't show them which will prevent you from deleteing the directory.

If that fails, make sure either you setup mysql to not use that directory, or not start all together on boot. Then reboot and you should be able to remove that directory.

Hope that helps.

Christopher
Professional Services
www.theplanet.com

how would I go about doing the bottum segment

Check your services and see if there is one for MySQL. If so, stop it and set startup type to manual or disabled. Reboot, or boot into safe mode.

I dont know this folder to me feels like its taking away a service and running cpu power..I want to run the server optimal

Back