New To Water: Want a all in one, High performance Kit

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I dont want to mess anything up. But I want to water cool due to:

1) I want better temps and performance than Air can give me.

2) I Want something Quieter than a High powered 80mm CPU Fan. I dont need silent, but I want quieter.

Not to mess anything up, I want an All in one kit.... Over at http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Water%20Cooling/se=Water%20Cooling%20Kits/mp=menu_search.html

They have a bunch of kits, but I dont know what to make of anything. I dont know what brands are good and what the real differences are between them. Also I dont want to do alot of research. I just want to know what people reccommend for a first time n00bie water cool so I can drop the money and buy it. I wouldnt really be asking this if there wernt so many options. But when I went to search for watercooling kits there are so many of them.
At first I was like koolance? but people told me to stay away.

Thanks

SEMPER FI and thanks for your service Marine!
Our company is building power plants in Iraq as we speak.

From all the reviews that I read, I would have to go with Swiftech or Danfer Den. I use AC, but both of the aforementioned work well.

Could you tell us what you're trying to cool? as in mobo chipset etc?

Do you want a complete do it yourself kit or are you willing to put it together and are just looking for recommendation on waterblocks pumps etc?

I am looking for an all in one kit. That includes everything I need. I dont want to have to peice anything together.

I want to cool a Athlon X2 CPU, and the NForce 4 Northbridge.

I'd go with Danger Den. It is a nice balance of price, ability to customize, simplicity and performance. Also, it is one of the more documented water-cooling solutions out there (i.e. has many reviews and lots of community support).

Koolance has a couple all in one solutions (Exodus II). I as well use Aqua Computers but that is to beautiful for your mobo!

Puting together mean connection the hoses to the radiator etc...

You can also look at the koolance.

Personally, I'm building a system with aqua computer gpu x2, cpu and nb blocks.

Then the koolance exos 2 to off load the heat. With some luck, the blocks will be here and pics will follow!

No No.

I am looking to buy an all in one high performance kit. Hence the title.

I will assemble it, but I want to buy 1 thing. Where every peice is included.

And I want it to be internal... nothing external...

Just to clarify things here: almost all "kits" do not include a waterblock for the chipset. Some kits don't come with ANY waterblocks. Some kits come with BOTH.

With all that aside, I would suggest Danger Den (once again). Their kit doesn't include the chipset waterblock, but everything else is there. You could just add a chipset waterblock to the order. Once again, it is a good balance of price/performance/simplicity/expandability). Their pump is really good, the MAZE4 waterblock (which is the one that comes in their kit) is fair, and there is a fair number of people who are pretty familiar with their products, so if you run into a problem, you will have help available.

On the Danger Den Site. They let me customize a Kit....

2 questions

Whats the difference between RBX and TDX?

And Should I use that Fluid XP stuff instead of water. They say its a water replacement not addititve....

Thanks

Long story short:

Danger Den RBX has one inlet and one outlet
Danger Den TDX has one inlet and two outlets

BellaCroix said:
Long story short:

Thanks for the Simple Explination.

How can you have 2 outs? haha where would the other one go?

USMC2Hard4U said:
Thanks for the Simple Explination.

How can you have 2 outs? haha where would the other one go?
Requires a "Y" connector to bring the dual outlets into one. Stick with the TDX or go with a Swiftech solution.

Swiftech gets the nod from me everyday over Danger Den.

No FluidXP as it is a joke.

BellaCroix said:
Long story short:

Umm...this is wrong...TDX has 1 outlet, RBX has 2

R1ckCa1n said:
Swiftech gets the nod from me everyday over Danger Den.

Personal preference. Both are good. Both companies get consistently high marks in the reviews, so you can't really go wrong with either. Honestly, I think the Danger Den components look better than the Swiftech :D

What size tubing would be the best? and How do pumps work when powered off the PSU? I would think that would be cause for disaster thinking about how water wont be filling the CPU block right away....

What are some parts you reccommend? Since I can "Build a Kit" at either swiftec or Dangerden.

USMC2Hard4U said:
What size tubing would be the best? and How do pumps work when powered off the PSU? I would think that would be cause for disaster thinking about how water wont be filling the CPU block right away....

What are some parts you reccommend? Since I can "Build a Kit" at either swiftec or Dangerden.

You probably won't need 1/2" tubing for only the CPU and chipset. The pump powers up when you power up the computer. The CPU won't overheat in the seconds it takes to get the water flowing. The CPU block will always be filled with water regardless of whether or not your computer is on...you should bleed all the air out of the system.

As for recommended parts, depends on your budget. For Danger Den, I'd stick with the TDX waterblock (don't go silver...it is WAY too expensive and its performance boost is negligible). The Danger Den DD12V-D4 waterpump is really good (but I think swiftech uses the same one). If you go for a DC waterpump (like the Danger Den one), make sure you have enough juice in your power supply to handle it. Everything else is secondary and a matter of personal preference more than anything else.

mkim797 said:
You probably won't need 1/2" tubing for only the CPU and chipset. The pump powers up when you power up the computer. The CPU won't overheat in the seconds it takes to get the water flowing. The CPU block will always be filled with water regardless of whether or not your computer is on...you should bleed all the air out of the system.

As for recommended parts, depends on your budget. For Danger Den, I'd stick with the TDX waterblock (don't go silver...it is WAY too expensive and its performance boost is negligible). The Danger Den DD12V-D4 waterpump is really good (but I think swiftech uses the same one). If you go for a DC waterpump (like the Danger Den one), make sure you have enough juice in your power supply to handle it. Everything else is secondary and a matter of personal preference more than anything else.
I dont know if I quite understand the Bleeding air out of the system thing. I want to get a 5.25 bay res.... well wont their always be air on the top of that?

a am new to H2o cooling as well but i beleave that the res is were you want the air to go.

Leatherneck,

You don't necessarily need a 5 1/4 bayres.... but, the bleeding process will take a few hours, typically shorter if you use a res because supposedly the air all accumulates there quicker than it would in a t-line. (I say supposedly because I have never used a t-line so I cannot compare). Anyhow, take it from experience......if the bleeding seems like it's taking a long time (i.e. bubbles in the lines), go back and RE-TIGHTEN YOUR CLAMPS!! I let a system bleed for 12 hours and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

That leads me to another point, never NEVER, never NEVER use any sort of cheap plastic clamps for your setup. Use metal WORM-CLAMPS. They are about .15 each at Home Depot, and are the BEST, IMHO.

Also, FluidXP...... a waste of $$$ in my opinion. If you have confidence you set up your system properly, conducted a leak check with the parts in the case (minus the computer parts), and you don't see any leaks.........then chances are you WON'T.

I'm on my second setup now and not one leak, not one problem. (well, except for the bleeding problem I eluded too... I had a connector or two not quite tight enough).

If you can, try to get your hands on the Swiftech MCP-600 pump. Much quieter than the 650 (unless they fixed the noise issue with the newly released 655).

Good Luck, and keep your head down out there (in the middle of nowhere!!! :cool: )

k ive been considering water cooling, and im pretty set on it. however, few questions.
1) if i go with all tdx stuff (which people seem to be recommending on this thread?), how would i go about cooling both my cpu and gpu? will the one kit work for both? do they connect one by one or something?

2) ...well, is there anything else i need to know? is it hard to set the kit up?

3) ok i just added this then, but i just noticed something. the danger den 'recommended setup' is not clear at all. its not punctuated, so im having a hard time telling whats what, and even if it was punctuated, it doesnt clarify much. can someone give me an idea of what to get? what would be the best waterblock for an x2 processor? whats 'top style'? are fans even part of the system, or extras? why would i need thermal paste, and what kind should i get? which clamps should i get? do i need 'water additives'? wow this is all confusing me!!

4) damn, one more question. i was just thinking, what do i do about a radiator if i don't have 120mm fan spots on my case? i haven't ordered the comp yet, so i can change my case..

thanks.

What kind of case is this going in?

I can tell you what kit I am ordering this week.

Swiftech H20-120 FB Rev. 3 179.99
"Radbox" Kit (for mounting radiator externally on 80mm exhaust fan) 24.99
Danger Den Maze4 GPU block (Acetal) 44.95
5' order 3/8" ID 1/2" OD Clearflex60 tubing (for GPU) 8.45

Total 258.38

The Swiftech kit is especially nice because it places both the pump and res. together in a 5.25" bay device.. and the radiator can be mounted internally or externally with the Radbox kit. Since this is my first time with H20 like you, I want everything to come together as easily and reliably as possible so I'm paying a little more for that.

ok, so what order do the components go in? pump -> cpu -> gpu -> radiator -> pump? where does the a reservoir come in? and where do i attach the radiator, to a 120mm fan in the front of the case? and ive been trying to figure out pumps, do i submerge a 12v pump in the reservoir? ahh confused.

another thing, how do i maintain the system once i get it installed? do i have to refill it all the time? etc etc?

the resevoir comes just before the pump

pump -> cpu -> gpu -> rad -> res -> pump

i edited it, but i accidently typed radiator instead of reservoir before. anyway, i meant to say:

i've been reading about how you are supposed to put the 12v pump inside of a reservoir.. but ive also seen setups with the reservoir inside a drive bay. so yea. whats going on?

check out oc forum's for watercooling faq, they have a pretty good guide too.

Back