New to water

Sirk1000

Limp Gawd
got this from ncix

i got all the air out if the system. idle temps are great at 19c but once i put 100 load it jumps to 60-70's (seems really high considering my shitty thermaltake V1 works better)

flow seems good and it all hooked up right Pump,cpu,rad,res

im just wondering if you guys have any tips or anything to help me out. if you guys need more info ill post more

system in sig

that is high...

the main thing i can think of is that that block isnt seated all the way, or your thermal paste (AS5 i hope) isnt making good contact....

take the block off and look at the TIM and see how it is .... the reapply and reseat... you should have better temps than that.

Sometimes bleeding all the air out can be tricky. Small bubbles can hide in radiator and cooling blocks. If all is mounted, try tilting case in different directions to try to coax any air out.

well i reseated it and nothing changed reapplyed thermal paste nothing. Was tilting my case for an hour and there was no air in it.

i just dont get it all the review for this product are good and mine is down right shit.

If reseating the block didn't help and all the air is out of the loop it could be a problem with the IHS. Have you tried lapping it?

2 questions

How big is your Rad?

What is your flow rate (how many liters per hour?)
If it is too high with a small rad the water never really gets a chance to cool off.

Cheers

Croaker

Sometimes bleeding all the air out can be tricky. Small bubbles can hide in radiator and cooling blocks. If all is mounted, try tilting case in different directions to try to coax any air out.

QFT. Last night I spent a good 30 minutes to an hour getting the air out of my system. and I did everything possible. Had my GF hold the resevoir and even turned the case upside down. All angles, etc. A good method is to pinch the tube hard and quickly release. This sends a surge through the system sometimes coaxing air bubbles out. And let me tell you the flow is a good 10x as strong when your system is fully purged of air! With air it was barely coming out the return line into the resevoir, just trickling. After fully purging I can tell you it now looks like those lemonade machines that forcefully splash against the side. So double check the air first! :)

2 questions

How big is your Rad?

What is your flow rate (how many liters per hour?)
If it is too high with a small rad the water never really gets a chance to cool off.

Cheers

Croaker

i got a a 240 rad so i think its plenty big enough. Pump is a Swiftech MCP655-B.

havent lapped it yet but really thinking about it

fans are sucking air threw the rad.

the block is on side ways because i was trying different things out.

From the looks of your pictures, you might have a few restrictions, 3 clamps on the pump tubing? Also it appears you have way over filled your Resevoir. Can we get more pictures of your tubing?

Quick question... Are you sure that the fan that is sandwiched between the rad and your case is blowing air through your rad and not blowing into the case?

Very happy today my x1950 pro died so i took it back to futureshop and they gave me an 8800gt :)

There is no fan in the middle i gutted it to use as a spacer.

heres more pics...

Funny i order purple and it looks pink to me.......

thanks for all the help guys

It probably does show up as purple under UV lights.

Two things come to mind when looking at your newer pics.. First is that you need some more fluid in your res. It's likely to pull in some air being that low.

Second will require you to do some checking and unfortunately you'll have to open up your loop to check. The base plate on your Apogee GT can go two different ways. If it's the wrong way it's most likely what is causing your issue. The pins in the baseplate are a diamond shape and are offset so the water can 'flow' from the top (inlet) down to the bottom (outlet). The best place to see this is here Scroll down about 3/4 of the way down the page and you will see some pictures with correct orientation of the pins.

Congrats on the 8800GT!!! I'm waiting for my GTS to get here tomorrow.

Thanks for the block idea ill have to drain it out tonight and see if its the right way.
got my 8800 gt to 730 gpu 1800 shader 1065 mem so far. not to bad really.

Back