new to wc. what you guys think of this aquagratix gpu block.

xkon

[H]ard|Gawd
just got into watercooling. well still building my loop. got an apogee drive, mcw60 /w the g80 mount, and the mcw30.... but here comes this aquagratix 4850 fc block. oh drools. http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=rkq35NXriC8
they sell them at sidewindercomputers.com. only thing is, is that i can't crossfire! you guys are the suxors! durnit. maybe..... use this aquagratix on the bottom one, and the top one has the mcw60 after i buy the 4850 mount kit.
will restriction affect me much since i'm runnin the apogee drive?
sidewindercomputers_2022_32276971

so my setup...

e7200 or phenom 9600 be
ga-g33m-ds2r or jr 790gx-m2rs
2x 4850 in cf

apogee drive
mcw30
mcw60

another mcw60? aquagratix 4850 fc block?
220.2 or pa160 for just cpu or gpu loop, or 220.2 x2 for everything. not sure if that's enough.
scythe fans. whatever cfm i can get for under 30db.

Personally, I wouldn't go for a full cover unless you are doing some serious OC'ing on ur card.
I will be using MCW60 and GFX2 on my crossfire with swiftech ramsinks - its more than enuf from what I've read.
I'm still trying to get my loop in order, so I can really say much. But I'm using a 320 and a 220 Rad for: cpu/nb/4850 crossfire.
Previous setup i had was just cpu and 4850 (fuzion v.2 and mcw60) on a 220 rad which keeps temp well around 40's.

I have a xspc razor full cover block on my 4850,i did look at that block but i dont like were the pipe connections are placed on that block,they look awkward.with this block,my card idles at 28c and max is about 35-36c.

The problem with running a universal block on the 4800 series cards is that the VRMs aren't covered, and sticking on a separate RAMsinks doesn't wick away the heat well enough. I originally did this with a 4870 and ran the D-Tek GFX2 and used the ATI plate to try to keep the VRMs stable. While my core temps for the GPU were fine, the VRMs were still hovering around the mid 80's. I ditched the universal block in favor of an EK FC block and the VRMs have dropped to 48c, while the GPU still hovers in the low 30's. Just my opinion on FC vs. Universal blocks for the 48xx series.

The Aquatek block looks awesome, but I believe its very restrictive due to its single slot design. I'm pretty sure your Apogee could push this, but with your other blocks in the loop your flow will suffer. Also, a single 120x2 won't be enough for both the CPU and GPU. Look at doubling that to two 120x2's, especially if you plan on OCing either the CPU or the GPU.

my friend had mcw60 on 4850 core and alu ramsinks on mosfets
and on non oc'ed card he has 40*C on gpu and 130*C on mosfets :|
so good choice will be fullcover waterblock or mcw60 + ramsking + airflow on mosfets

also I saw one guy made blocks for mosfet for his radeon
61xv0.jpg

I haven't been able to find a review on the unit, but I tend to trust German engineering. Also, the block isn't going to be overly "restrictive" automatically. It depends on its channel design. I'm using a DD FC block that LOOKS like it would be restrictive, being that its SO thin compared to the 1st gen FC blocks, but testing indicates that it allows good flow.

I'm popping for a 4870 x2 for Xmas and I'll for sure consider this block for it. Yeah, and its pretty too! :eek:

Back