New Updated Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

StorageJoe

Limp Gawd
A week or two ago there was a sticky thread reguarding a new raptor on the horizon that was double current capacity, native SATA, 16MB cache, and NCQ. Was this just wishful thinking on someone's part or is there anything to back up this cliam, ie a press release or white papers or something? Just interested to know.

can't find the thread, but here is a c/p from the original post

Removed at the request of OP - DL

I wonder what happened to that thread. A search of the Disk Storage Systems Forum for "coined", a rare word that appears in the original post turns up only 3 results, none of them being the original thread.
http://hardforum.com/search.php?searchid=1696383

Maybe WD didn't like someone posting these specs early? I had a feeling something like this might happen, which is why I saved them in the first place.

Of course they don't but their rivals Seagate, Hitachi, and Maxtor sure like it :)

That thread went away, at the request of the OP. There will be no more discussion about the next generation Raptors until we get something from WD, as any other source is purely speculation. I don't want Disk Storage to fall to the same level as Video Cards ala R520 speculation. I apologize for being blunt, but it is for the best. Any other threads on the "next Raptor" will be closed, unless it is a confirmed announcement/press release from WD.

In conclusion, and to answer Joe's question, I am not aware of any independent or official confirmation of the assertions in that thread. If/when this changes, then discussion on this matter will be reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back