New Verizon Unlimited Plan

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
So how do you guys feel about the new Verizon Unlimited plans?

Old, New, and current customers will be only be able to stream at 480p or 720p on a smart phone. Tablets are allowed to go up to 1080p. If a tower is congested, no matter how far into your data plan you are, you will be throttled.

The 480p plan is $75 and the 720p is $85, iirc. Additional lines are cheaper than the first line, but overall, the new plans are more expensive.

I guess them bringing back Unlimited was a way to get customers on their network, but now they are fucking all of us over.

I'm going to stay on their network for now, but once the new iPhone comes out, I may switch over to T-Mobile and give them a try. This is so dumb, but it being Verizon, I guess shouldn't surprise me. My wife loves the service compared to Sprint, which I do too, so I almost feel like I may be stuck with them because she has to have good indoor coverage. I just joined them back in March, so I'm one of the suckers that joined them. Everyone on Reddit said it was too good to be true, and well, this was the catch they had in plan the whole time.

The Verge did a good write up on it https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/22/...ted-data-plan-video-throttling-net-neutrality

I would say it's almost unbelievable, but most anything is possible these days. Don't fret, the free market is deciding! LUL

I get unlimited video streaming (and music of course) from T-Mobile for $30 a month, had the plan for years now, never had issues with it so, I can't see myself switching to some other carrier and paying almost 3x more for the same thing. T-Mobile started all the audio/video streaming included and now it's forcing the competition to do the same shit but, the competition does it and still charges a significantly higher price to do it which means I'll never be switching obviously.

Their loss I suppose.

I'm stuck with it. AT&T's new plans are all more expensive and just as (if not more) restrictive.
Both T-Mobile and Sprint are worthless in 1/2 of my area. I'd rather have capped data than none.

I almost switched back to Verizon from T-Mo when they brought back "Unlimited" data. But I've been happy with T-Mo's 6GB plan on 3 lines for $100/month. Their coverage is still a bit behind Verizon's in one part of my state (KY) where my bro lives, but it has been good around my area and wherever else we travel for the most part. It seems that band 12 is almost out in full force in my state this year too, which def helped a bit in some of the dead areas I would frequent and a lot with indoor reception and some of the fringe areas of coverage.

I'm not much of a fan of T-Mo's newer One plans though; they're all more expensive than my current 6 GB SC plan for 3 lines and I don't use anywhere near that 6 GBs most of the time because of their free streaming on most common media apps. Right now looking at my T-Mo account I've only used 1GB of data, I'm only a few days from the end of my monthly cycle, and my phone shows I've used 3.2 GBs of data because T-Mo doesn't count all the data I've used for Youtube (618MBs used alone) and Google Play Music (1.28GBs used alone). So even with T-Mo's kickbacks for not using much data on their One plan, I don't see much incentive to move to it over my considerably cheaper 6GB SC plan where I have virtually unlimited data anyways for the big data hog apps that use it.

Back