New Xbox 360 Gear

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know what the bad thing about April Fool’s Day is? When someone polls a prank like this and you actually WANT one of the fake items.

I'd take a vintage and a recon edition :D

Speaking of wanting the frake April Fool's Day items, anyone remember the ThinkGeek prank from last year (or the year before maybe)? It was a 'grow your own 1-up mushroom' kit and I was sooooo ready to order.

What I thought was funny was the 8-bit tie they had as a joke but so many people really wanted them that they ended up making them a real item.

The Vintage 360 looks cool (no pun intended), although the 'retro' controller just doesn't fly. I kinda like the 360 Recon Edition too - I could see elements of that one actually be done too. Still, I wouldn't buy either, PC for life (sorry consolers).

[ot but not in respect to the day]
The local Santa Monica paper has some funny (cough) articles (cough) in it today. For anyone interested, the bottom feature on the front page had me for a second, not because it's in any way real.. But SM has a silly habit of trying to cater to the PC facist crowd, as well as spending money where it doesn't count all the while having a helluva budget surplus last I checked (lack of residential street parking even though we pay for stickers and guest pass tags FTL).

SM Daily Press

The only one I DON"T fully see as coming to market is the recon edition, only because of the sonar.

All the rest I can see actually making it to market either by MS or (with the wood enclosure) a good modder.

That helmet though is something that we have all been waiting on, and every year it is NEXT year will be the year.

With flexible OLED's I can see it getting closer and closer (No rumble pack please)

This is just a little anecdote mildly related to the story but... Recently my unit (USMC) was training in the Pacific. In this particular exercise we were performing a beach landing in coordination with the Navy. We assaulted in our amtracs while the Navy then moved all logistics on to the beach after it was cleared. Anyway, it was about 36 hours into the op with no sleep and my squad was on patrol at about 3 in the morning when we were heading back into our bivouac site. We passed by some of the Navy landing vehicles and we thought we were seeing something with lack of sleep but no kidding there were a couple of sailors chillin in camp chairs in the back of a humvee playing on a 360 on a 20 inch LCD. Through my nvg's I couldn't really tell but it looked like Halo and I was really jealous. Not really a recon edition, but they did have the 360, generator, and maybe the camo faceplate. I was too tired to check about the faceplate. :)

Back