New Xbox360 coming? New rumors surface.

I want it all. I wonder if it will have black controllers though, if so my extra one won't match.

I will probably be buying a 360 in 2 to 3 weeks. If this was coming out sooner I'd consider it, but I don't want to have to wait until May. I can get by with the smaller drive for quite some time.

i could get some black paint a lot cheaper than the 80 extra bucks they want. also i don't give a shit about IPTV so all i want are HD cables and a place to store my savegames. Next!

I want it all. I wonder if it will have black controllers though, if so my extra one won't match.

Yes, the new Xbox 360 will have black controllers, similar if not the same to the black controllers that came with the black Developer Xbox 360.

Last week though the Black XBox360 showed up at some trade show, and it was just that, a black XBox360, not the legendary Zephyr, there's a good chance that that's all this is, maybe it'll have the 120GB drive, but as mentioned that'll be available as an accessory anyway.

So yeah another thing that MS steals of apple, the black tax :p .

Of course, if it does turn out to be the zephyr, that'll be interesting, if only to watch the backlash :p .

I just want, nay NEED the HDMI output. My TV only does 1080p over VGA and HDMI. The VGA doesn't have any user settings due to expecting a PC input protocol. I NEED HDMI.

Can anyone copy/paste the article for those of us at work? Thanks.

Can anyone copy/paste the article for those of us at work? Thanks.

here you go:)

You can’t keep a good rumor down. Just weeks after Microsoft stamped down talk that an HDMI-enabled Xbox 360, codenamed Zephyr, was in the works, the rumors are back. Retailers have confirmed that the new SKU is in their systems, set for a May 1 release for $479.99. In addition to the new video interface, the system would also pack a 120 GB hard drive into its nifty black exterior. Microsoft won’t officially confirm that such a configuration exists, but it’s interesting that so many retailers are wrong in the same way…

As always, we'll keep you posted.

If the new black xbox360 with a 120GB hard drive and HDMI helps sales I am all for it, but my 20 GB HD with component is more than enough...I have more than 10 demos, 20 videos, ~30 XBL arcade games and room to spare on my HHD. I see no reason to buy a more expensive xbox360 unit.....well unless its a lot quieter. :p

If the rumors are true, I wonder how MS will price the hard drives. I can't imagine MS not selling the 120GB HD separately. Or maybe MS will just release a HD case so you can use any laptop hard drive (case = $20-40?).

Last week though the Black XBox360 showed up at some trade show, and it was just that, a black XBox360, not the legendary Zephyr, there's a good chance that that's all this is, maybe it'll have the 120GB drive, but as mentioned that'll be available as an accessory anyway.
All dev kits are black.

GameInformer is owned by GameStop. I don't know how reliable they are, but I've never heard of them breaking news before.

Is it not possible to trade out your current 360 HD with another right now?

Is it not possible to trade out your current 360 HD with another right now?

it is, kinda. there's some aftermarket USB thingy you can use to transfer your data to your PC and then you can use it again to transfer from your PC to possibly a new hard drive on your 360. Jolly good

Damn they are actually raising the price? I was hoping they would release the new one for $400 and adjust the premium and core accordingly. Didn't Microsoft already make enough profit! ;)

Expect a decent price drop soon after release it as they aren't going to sell a lot, in my opinion.

A ton of people like me are waiting for the thing to drop as it's overpriced as it is, and it goes up 20%? hahaha, $0 and 0 cents from me and that tons of people.

The people talking about coloring your 360 black should check out ebay... tons of 360 customization crap, with every color, game, team and design you would ever want pretty much.. for the console and controllers both.

---

Really old news, by the way.

I hate all of these rumors, but I do want a new 360. My current one is a launch 360 that has the really loud DVD drive in it. I want to get a quieter one, but I either want a price drop or a new updated model. There is something new coming out, but it could just be a different color 360, it could be the Zephyr, or something in between. I just want some real answers! :mad:

If it does have HDMI, I hope it can pass the new audio codecs through either as PCM over 1.2 or untouched over 1.3 with the HD-DVD drive.

I really wish we had more details at this point.

If its coming with HDMI, It better have an HDMI cable included. I think MS is smart enough to not dick its customers like sony did. I think $480 isnt too bad of a price for this thing either if all of the above is true. For the extra space in the harddrive alone its hard to say were getting totally ripped off. if the regular premium packages go down to $299 at the same time... how is it not a win win situation for hardcore and casual gamers alike?

They won' let you use your own hard-drive because it would allow for easier encryption cracking for their system.

ah a black 360 to match the rest of the setup, now thats what im talkin about!!

I can not believe half of you want this xbox 360 for the Hard Drive. I am willing to bet the next xbox 360 version will have slightly different internals to address the hard drive etc. When the sales of xbox 360s are increasing why release a new version with a bigger hard drive? Hell they could just release the new hard drive, not a new system

HDMI? Doubt many people would be willing to throw in their current xbox for a new interface port. HDMI TVs have only been on the market a little over a year.

Microsoft I think is clearly releasing a new xbox to address the cost savings of the failure rate that currently plagues the xbox 360s now.

All of those changes are great, but I'm probably sold mostly on the new DVD drive which is already in some systems and the 65nm chip. Larger HD and HDMI are also nice, but not that crucial to me.

so this new one has HD DVD buit in with HDMI? or no HD DVD? They should throw it in there if they are increasing the price of a system that has been on the market for a while now.

so this new one has HD DVD buit in with HDMI? or no HD DVD? They should throw it in there if they are increasing the price of a system that has been on the market for a while now.

I wouldn't bet on it...they are justifying the increased price with the new features (HDMI, larger HDD)....thanks to Sony they can raise the prices and still be a "cheaper" alternative.

if its black, has hdmi and a quiet drive I'll sell my launch system dirt cheap and "upgrade" to this.

Just curious, can most TV's display 1080p on the 360 via components? I know film is different, but will most TV handle 1080p games through components?

Nope most TV's don't do 1080p over component, but a few do. Most people will use the VGA cables to get 1080p.

They won' let you use your own hard-drive because it would allow for easier encryption cracking for their system.

Actually, hackers have figured out how to use a certain range of WD HDD's in place of the stock 360 drive. The only drawback is they only have the code for the current 20 gig models. So, if you bought a 100 gig drive, you'd only be able to use 20 currently. If a 120 gig comes out, they'll update the code to let it run the bigger drives.

As soon as Xbox 360 with HDMI is launched, I am buying 2 units and a boatload of games and accessories.

For $480 bucks it better darn well include an HD-DVD drive!!!

As much as I hate Sony, in terms of specs for $20 more you get a high def optical drive, and the only downside is a smaller HDD (which is upgradeable on the cheap).

To sell a $480 machine without the HDDVD just seems like taking their giant marketing benefit (cost vs PS3) and reducing it to nil.

Here's a random question then...if you can't do 1080p with components, do most 1080p TV's have a VGA adapter? I've only got a 720p Sony, but it definitely doesn't. Do the 1080p models usually?

Back