Newb -how to hook up PC speakers to soundcard

mlapgw

Gawd
I currently have the creative x-fi titanium (non HD) sound card.
I use headphones almost all the time.
I also have Logitech x620 6.1 computer speakers plugged into the sound card. I know they likely aren't the most awesome computer speakers but they are only used occasionally so I haven't wanted to spend money to replace them.
The speakers have (3) 3.5 millimeter diameter TRS plugs which go into 3 color coded jacks on my current sound card.

I would like to get a better sound card and better headphones.

I have not figured out what will be better in that regard, a soundblaster ZXR by itself or a Titanium HD with a Schiit Magni.

I have noticed that which ever solution I go with neither card has the three color coded jacks my speakers plug into. Even though my primary listening will be headphones I do not want to give up the speaker option for when I have a buddy in the room. I have been reluctant to ask this question because some here can be rough when a newb type question is asked but...how do I hook up my old speakers to either of these cards?

Hey,

That creative sound card supports 6.1 and it comes in a few favours. How many 3.5 jack do you have on the back and what colours are they?

Lastly which OS are you running?

I have three plugs I need to plug in. These speakers can do 5.1 and 6.1. I have never got the 6.1 to work but for the couple time I listen through them a month 5.1 has been fine. Of course my existing card has the correct size holes to plug into so it hasn't been a problem.

If I buy the ZX version the back of it looks like my current card so no problem BUT if I want to step up to the titanium HD or the ZXR both have RCA inputs.

I am using Windows 7 pro 64

Back