Newb questions about BF3

Nomad

2[H]4U
I played Battlefield a long time ago - and decided to pick up BF3. I have some stupid questions::

1: How do you practice with vehicles? What I really want to do is join a server without anyone else in it and then fly for a while until I get used to it.

2: How do I create a password protected server?

3: How do I pop smoke in the tanks?

Thanks

I played Battlefield a long time ago - and decided to pick up BF3. I have some stupid questions::

1: How do you practice with vehicles? What I really want to do is join a server without anyone else in it and then fly for a while until I get used to it.

Thanks

1) You can't. 2) You can't create a server either :(

That is a little goofy -- where do the public servers come from?

He means you can't run a local server or a dedicated server. You have to rent one from an official ranked server provider.

3: How do I pop smoke in the tanks?

Thanks

A forum member was gracious enough to setup their server to start with 1 person. If the server is empty you can join it and the match will start. That should allow you to practice with any and all vehicles.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1646661

In regards to popping smoke if its the same as BC2 it's an unlock and you'll have to update your loadout once you have achieved it and it's linked to zoom(at least for me it was).

I noticed in the beta you couldn't move your character until the server had 8 players.
Did they keep this in the final version?
If so I prefer the way BC2 handled it, by just turning off scoring until you had enough players.

Smoke is considered a "countermeasure", so thats the key you need to map to use it. It is an unlock, so you have to earn it first.

While you probably wont find any empty servers to practice on, just look for some low count servers like 7-10 people on a 64 man server. Should be able to get some decent practice in.

Can't wait to build my pc tomorrow and try some bf3. Hopefully none of my parts come doa or I fuck up the build.

He means you can't run a local server or a dedicated server. You have to rent one from an official ranked server provider.

Is this really the only way to make a server???

How do you play lan? (probably a stupid question because the answer is likely--"you don't")

Can you still play against bots for a singleplayer conquest-type game?

Is this really the only way to make a server???

How do you play lan? (probably a stupid question because the answer is likely--"you don't")

Can you still play against bots for a singleplayer conquest-type game?

You have to rent a server to create one.
There is no LAN option.
There are no AI bots in multiplayer.

Back