newegg 20% off using paypal (cheap hdds!)

Awesome! Just bought 2x1GB DDR2 sodimm as an Xmas gift. After the 20% off and $10 rebate on each module, that comes to $26.67 for 2 gigs of RAM! :D

It takes like 3 days to transfer money into paypal... bummer.

what are you trying to say ?

say if the newegg rebate form says "the purchase must be made beetween 29 - 30 NOV". I checked out the item on 29 paying with my empty paypal account (I usually do this, because even it's empty paypal is just going to take the money from the bank and transfer it to merchant seller) will my newegg invoice purchase date be on 29 or on the date when newegg actually recieve the payment ? (say paypal transfers them the amount on December 1st) Thanks

Please remember that the terms and conditions are not set by Newegg, Dell, or any other company listed. Whatever you read off of Newegg's site is nothing more than a short summary of the conditions.

The full conditions can be found here: https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/terms.html

I am quoting below for discussion purposes. Key things highlighted in red.

Paypal said:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAYPAL HOLIDAY CASH BACK PROMOTION

OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.

By participating in this promotion, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.

1. Offer Description: Eligible customers defined in Section 3 below will receive 20% cash back on their total purchase amounts (including shipping and taxes) made with participating merchants during the offer period. The maximum total amount of cash back per PayPal account is $50 USD.

2. Eligible Purchase: You must use your PayPal account to make purchases on participating merchant websites by selecting PayPal as a payment option during the offer period, except for exclusions at stated in Section 7 below. Multiple purchases are allowed. Payments at Overstock.com must each be for at least $100 USD (including shipping and taxes) to qualify. In the event that you made a purchase and the merchant has not billed you for it, the purchase amount must be charged to your account no later than January 10, 2008 to qualify (and you must still make the purchase within the offer period).

3. Eligibility: Only Unites States PayPal accounts are eligible. Your PayPal account must be in good standing. Restricted, locked or closed PayPal accounts are ineligible.

4. Offer Period: Offer starts on November 26, 2007 at 12:00:01 am Pacific Time and is available for a limited time only. Offer is only available as long as the merchant's website indicates that the 20% cash back promotion is offered, but no later than December 10, 2007 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time.

5. Participating Merchants: The merchants participating in the offer are: Barnes & Noble, Blue Nile, Dell, EastBay Sports, ebags.com, Electronic Arts, eToys, Guess, GbyGuess, HP, Newegg.com, Overstock.com, Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera, Boaters World, eAngler, OuterBank Outfitters, Camera World, Photo Alley, ShopAtShark, InsanitySauce, Sierra Trading Post, Skymall, Smartbargains, and Toys R Us. The offer period for each merchant may vary. To find the most current list of participating merchants, go to http://www.paypal.com/holiday.

6. Cash Back Payment: The cash back payment will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 31, 2008.

7. Excluded Transactions. The following transactions are excluded from this offer: PayPal Mobile transactions, payments using the PayPal Plug-In (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/ eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the promotion. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

8. Restrictions: PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This offer cannot be resold or transferred.

Key things:
1. US residents only.
2. Careful with your pre-orders and backorders. You must be charged by Jan 10th, 2008.
3. No debit cards.

Alright, so the people who have used this on NewEgg, is the discount instant or do you pay the full price and you're now waiting for the cash back?

Please remember that the terms and conditions are not set by Newegg, Dell, or any other company listed. Whatever you read off of Newegg's site is nothing more than a short summary of the conditions.

The full conditions can be found here: https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/terms.html

I am quoting below for discussion purposes. Key things highlighted in red.

Key things:
1. US residents only.
2. Careful with your pre-orders and backorders. You must be charged by Jan 10th, 2008.
3. No debit cards.
so it won't work if I link my paypal with my bank debit card ?
and I was talking about the newegg rebate form. it says there purchase must be no latter than 30 NOV for the rebate to be valid. I finished the checkout today and pay with my empty paypal. will the invoice be on today date or the date when newegg recieve the money from paypal ?

GAH! I'm trying to order a HD since my third Seagate 7200.8 drive conked out yesterday, but Paypal/newegg.com won't let me change my shipping address (I'm at college at the moment). I've changed my "Home" address in Paypal, which does nothing, and the address field is greyed out on Newegg's end. Why does getting a 20% cash back have to be so hard?

Is the money back on everything on newegg or just the select items on that one page?

I have had paypal for a long time, back to my selling of everquest items phase. That said, my paypal is connected to my bank account and a credit card (not debit) and my paypal transactions go through immediately.

I also did a test purchase to see if the 20% was just that page, I added a 150GB raptor and a 64bit version of Vista, subtotal was $274 or so and the 20% was reflected for the entire order. This is a great deal, too bad I just finally ordered that 4GB ram kit on Friday when it went back down to $79.99 :(

I have had paypal for a long time, back to my selling of everquest items phase. That said, my paypal is connected to my bank account and a credit card (not debit) and my paypal transactions go through immediately.

I also did a test purchase to see if the 20% was just that page, I added a 150GB raptor and a 64bit version of Vista, subtotal was $274 or so and the 20% was reflected for the entire order. This is a great deal, too bad I just finally ordered that 4GB ram kit on Friday when it went back down to $79.99 :(

so actually the %20 off from paypal is really applied on this A-DATA RAM deal when you check out for $79.99 ? (129 - 30 instant promo code - 20 off paypal)

I checked out paying with my paypal for $99.99 total <<< does this mean I didn't get the paypal $20 off ?

so actually the %20 off from paypal is really applied on this A-DATA RAM deal when you check out for $79.99 ? (129 - 30 instant promo code - 20 off paypal)

I checked out paying with my paypal for $99.99 total <<< does this mean I didn't get the paypal $20 off ?

no, it didnt show up on my checkout, you will refunded the 20 percent off at a later date, before jan 31st irrc. i ditched my noisy and aging 74gb raptors earlier this summer, expecting a deal like this. im glad it happened now, because i am growing a bit weary of running on a single 80gb! snagged up 2 of the 750's for a total of 300 shipped, and 20 percent off of that, ($50 max cash back) so for 1.5tb for 250 bucks, not bad! i was thinking of going for the 1tb drive, but i have some raid in mind. great deal, i hope nothing screws up with the cash back!

CC is fine - just pay with Paypal, and when it goes to the Paypal page, switch from default bank transfer to CC payment.

There's no indication on Paypal's site what your refund is, you just have to trust it'll show up in a month or sooner - that's what happened with previous Paypal deals.

Yeah I'm seeing rumors going around from SlickDeals to EggXpert that the promo is now over.. Gah. I was waiting for the evga 8800gt cards to come back in stock today.. guess not :(

RoddyR (Admin/NewEgg Staff)
The promotional funds that Paypal alloted for Newegg has been depleted due to the large amount of traffic today. The promotion has now ended.

SD User:
Originally Posted by playa4real
So I was talking to a live chat rep at NewEgg: "Virginia" and she told me that the promotion ended "a few minutes ago" (time of convo was 3:58pm EST)

Live Chat convo:

I double checked with her about my order and she said it was accepted...great!!

and for those of you who were wondering if the promotion was only on selected items..i asked her about that too..

SO FYI: The paypal promotion at NewEgg is now over!

Confirmed myself:

Matthew : Not a problem, thanks for answering my question. One quick question: is the newegg/paypal promotion over? (20%)
Darlene: Unfortunately, the Paypal promotion for 20% off your order is no longer valid. Paypal had allocated a set amount of money which has now depleted. The promotion offer will be removed from our website shortly. I apologize for any inconvenience.

If you can still checkout w/ paypal as a payment option, go for it. else, this promo is dead.

Didn't realize there'd be an allotted amount of money. Glad I jumped on it early.

"So I was talking to a live chat rep at NewEgg: "Virginia" and she told me that the promotion ended "a few minutes ago" (time of convo was 3:58pm EST)"

I ordered $237 worth of CPU power supply and DVD burner at 3:02 and paid with paypal.....

Is there any way to confirm its good for the cashback?

i put an order in around 3 also...hope it was still under the 20 percent off time frame. i just checked their site and you can still checkout with paypal 20 percent off, so wtf. im sure newegg wouldnt shaft anyone that hard.......

this is bull, I couldn't get my order to go through all day and I was on and off the phone with reps and now it's f'ing over

Something wrong in advertising 20% off available until 11/28/07 yet it's been ended early without any change on the website.

UPDATE: Newegg updated their website and worked with me on a deal(better instant deal)... Very satisified Newegg customer !

Wow...

Saw this deal at work but thought I would wait to get home to decide which processor I wanted to get with my new motherboard and now it's dead?

Newegg has gone down hill in customer service lately. How are you going to close an advertised special almost three days early? They have lost my business for life.

Paypal always sucks and this is no change.

A disappointed customer I am. Bad bad new egg! Can't believe how they have changed over the years.

Anyone else as TO as me that they would advertise through 11/28 and kill the thing 1/2 way....

Just when I thought newegg was the bomb...something like this happens.

has nothing to do with newegg, it's paypal and they set the amount of money. If it runs out so what. not newegg's fault....

On my first paypal account I got the 1TB WD internal drive and a SATA DVD burner.

On my other paypal account I picked up the 750GB WD internal drive and a 5 bay SATA rack that fits into 3 5.25 bays.

The second order I got in just under the wire.

I don't think it was the egg that cut off the promotion but rather Paypal. If you read the statements from NewEgg they clearly state that Paypal only had a certain amount budgeted for NewEgg. So don't blame the egg blame Paypal.

Wow...

Saw this deal at work but thought I would wait to get home to decide which processor I wanted to get with my new motherboard and now it's dead?

Newegg has gone down hill in customer service lately. How are you going to close an advertised special almost three days early? They have lost my business for life.

Paypal always sucks and this is no change.

A disappointed customer I am. Bad bad new egg! Can't believe how they have changed over the years.

brilliant

Glad you guys bash one of the companies with the BEST CS in the world for ending a set deal early....Like said it was probably a set amount they could do it for and it ran out ahead of schedule. This happened one other time as well when they mispredicted how popular a sale was going to be....

Honestly, I have never been treated as nicely repeatedly through RMA and Return processes as with newegg. Not to mention they usually have the best price around or close to it and I know exactly when they will ship by after I order and can count on them for getting it out the same day if I order by a certain time.

I seriously tempted to ask Kyle to jump in here and repeat a quote of his (something involving sand and a body part lol) from a recent thread with a bunch o' whiners whining about the ship dates on the MSI/XFX 8800GT cards.

This happened before with Newegg and Paypal, they were only given so many $$$/"slots" and they went through them like a hot knife through butter, forcing them to end the special(s) early. Same thing here.

Get.Over.It.People.

Newegg should at least tell people it's not working anymore and discontinue the advertisement, that would be good customer service.

Is there any way to confirm that you got the 20% cash back? I placed my order close to the time when it ended...

This happened one other time as well when they mispredicted how popular a sale was going to be....

You're right, it was absolutely impossible for a reasonable person to have predicted this would be a popular promotion.

They screwed up. It's still drawing people, but now instead of happy customers they're making pissed off customers. Hopefully they'll find a way to salvage this instead of just hoping it'll blow over.

It's still posted. Also it was in the Newsletter Deals. A retraction hasn't been posted or mailed, so it's still being advertised but not honored. This, more than failing to realize it might run out early, is where they're getting a big black mark in my book.

Back