Newegg BFriday Basic Gaming Desktop Deal $399.

Yeah that kinda sucks. We could build something significantly better for $400, especially using some old/spare parts.

Tbh I would feel baad for your kids if you made them play games on this, when you could of taken a couple hours out of your day to build them something way better. I'd feel bad for you if you used this as a console, also ;)

*no need to feel bad for me kiddo my rigs are good to go.

Understood its rough but for those who don't have the time and need a gift to send. It may satisfy someones need.

Probably has 1 stick of DDR3 as well. Remember when these deals used to include 2 sticks where you could actually get dual channel out of the system.

Would rather build around one of those Pentium G3258 + Mobo deals for a "Basic Gaming" rig.

WTF just go on ebay there are tons of great deals on used radeon cards. I just picked up a 280x for $150 and i have seen them less since then.

That's not a gaming rig by any stretch of the imagination.

I didn't know they even made an R5 230. This thing is slower than integrated video that comes with today's CPUs. Why would anyone pay money for this?

Its just an re-brand for OEM's. They don't necessarily "make" it, they just released a new BIOS for their older GPU's.

Modern integrated video would be faster than that card. Heck I bought my parents a Dell desktop with Haswell i3, 8gb ram, wifi and 1 TB hard drive for just 30 bucks more than this pos "gaming" comp.

Vote for ban for posting this absolutely shit deal.

The only thing [H]ard about this deal is the [H]ard dick they are shoving up your ass with each purchase.

That's not a gaming rig by any stretch of the imagination.

I didn't know they even made an R5 230. This thing is slower than integrated video that comes with today's CPUs. Why would anyone pay money for this?

We purchased some brand name 5430's a while ago to support dual monitors. They actually had 32bit memory instead of 64bit. I wonder if its the case with these 230's? They use the term "gaming" way to liberally at Newegg don't they.

*no need to feel bad for me kiddo my rigs are good to go.

Understood its rough but for those who don't have the time and need a gift to send. It may satisfy someones need.

Don't have the time?

What you have linked in OP is horrible.

We purchased some brand name 5430's a while ago to support dual monitors. They actually had 32bit memory instead of 64bit. I wonder if its the case with these 230's? They use the term "gaming" way to liberally at Newegg don't they.

It used to be that any video card meant your rig was gaming capable, the old onboard gpu's could barely load a game. Then even the lowest of the low video cards meant you could game pretty well.

Hell, I remember when we sold ATI 9200's so people could game on their machines back in the day. These days what comes integrated is mostly better then these bare basics. I will say I'm glad I have my 5450, seeing as my server wouldn't have a video out other wise this thing has helped me (not with gaming :D)

by gaming rig they mean this PC will play solitaire, minesweeper and that 3d pinball demo that every PC comes with.

For shame, OP!

You could find a more gaming capable laptop than that for $400.

This thread is like a Klingon ritual, where the OP is in a dark lit cave walking down a path with men around him each flogging him as he passes. :D

But agreed, this is crap.

Heh, this reminds me. You know, it's funny how our opinions on here are so far removed from the ones on pc parts picker in some ways...

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/K4TWGX

I remember this build, I started pointing out that he could have done much better for his sister for the money (among other things), and that he would have been better off getting an integrated CPU than the crap he put in that thing. I would put it roughly on the level of this in terms of stupid parts choices. But naturally I got downvoted to heck. That's probably one of those experiences that made me realize that questioning/criticizing peoples' computer buying decisions is pointless, which is why I stopped visiting that place. They just get offended or dismiss your opinions anyway. Likewise whoever buys this will come up with some silly justification. I don't regard "lack of time" as one of them. Because if the lack of time is referencing a lost opportunity cost due to your time being worth more money than the amount you'd save by building the computer... then you can afford the spend more money on a prebuilt that makes more sense.

This one is on the level of a netbook.

Likewise there are people without budgets that do absolutely silly builds that perform absolutely no better in any way than if you stripped about $1k if the price tag. But they don't like hearing that, do they?

Back