Newegg boxen deal plea

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
Do you think we can get Newegg to do a combo deal on the:

E2140's with a basic mobo
-or-
the AMD X2 4000+ with basic mobo?

I want to get a couple systems like that and start a farm with the USB key proggy.

Be nice to build a system for under $150 (maybe 125)

I'm sure there would be many here that would want to take advantage as well.

Try Fry's. I got a E2200 and MB for 79.98 out the door for my kids system this weekend, and of course it will be folding. If there is not one around you, you might see if someone would be willing to pick it up for you and ship it.

Try Fry's. I got a E2200 and MB for 79.98 out the door for my kids system this weekend, and of course it will be folding. If there is not one around you, you might see if someone would be willing to pick it up for you and ship it.
^^What he said. Fry's has great deals if you're looking for a basic CPU/MB combo. They have these deals every week, too.

AMD:

Gigabyte motherboard $80
X2 4000+ $60
Total: $140

Intel:

Gigabyte motherboard $67
E2160 $79
Total: $146

The AMD Gigabyte motherboard I can attest to as being pretty good. I bought it and a 4000+ and have it overclocked to 3Ghz stable.

The Intel Gigabyte motherboard I don't know anything about. It just happened to be the cheapest board with everything on board.

While the X2 4000+ is a damn nice processor for the price (and includes the virtualization extensions if you decide to run VMs) it won't be able to beat the performance of the E2160 at stock or overclocked speeds unless you get a bum overclocker. The E2160 should practically rape the X2 at folding. For anything else it would probably be a tossup.

AMD:

Gigabyte motherboard $80
X2 4000+ $60
Total: $140

Intel:

Gigabyte motherboard $67
E2160 $79
Total: $146

The AMD Gigabyte motherboard I can attest to as being pretty good. I bought it and a 4000+ and have it overclocked to 3Ghz stable.

The Intel Gigabyte motherboard I don't know anything about. It just happened to be the cheapest board with everything on board.

While the X2 4000+ is a damn nice processor for the price (and includes the virtualization extensions if you decide to run VMs) it won't be able to beat the performance of the E2160 at stock or overclocked speeds unless you get a bum overclocker. The E2160 should practically rape the X2 at folding. For anything else it would probably be a tossup.

Why does Intel do so much better then AMD on folding?

Also, some of the cores are optimized for Intel architectures, and Intel hasn't been kind enough to allow Stanford to re-optimize it for AMD architectures.

Well, if your near Fry's Electronics, you can get a better deal on the processor and an ECS mobo for about half that, then get a GB of RAM from newegg for 20 bux.

Be nice if I had a Frys close to me, but I'm in po-dunk Ohio.

Still took out the Browns for playoffs. The year ended on a high note I think.:D

Well, if your near Fry's Electronics, you can get a better deal on the processor and an ECS mobo for about half that, then get a GB of RAM from newegg for 20 bux.

No Fry's anywhere in or near Delaware...only Compusa (closing), WorstBuy, and some mom & pop stores.

Just checked Compusa for any deals...mostly overpriced junk. Only thing I saw that was a deal was a Phenom 9500 for $168.00 ($279.99 with 40% off)

Do you think we can get Newegg to do a combo deal on the:

E2140's with a basic mobo
-or-
the AMD X2 4000+ with basic mobo?

I want to get a couple systems like that and start a farm with the USB key proggy.

Be nice to build a system for under $150 (maybe 125)

I'm sure there would be many here that would want to take advantage as well.

You might want to pop into the Hot Deals forum and PM the Newegg rep there. It’s worth the PM at least; perhaps see what the minimum requirements might be and all that.

Great Idea;)

You might want to pop into the Hot Deals forum and PM the Newegg rep there. It’s worth the PM at least; perhaps see what the minimum requirements might be and all that.

Great Idea;)

Yeah, I mean if he says we need to sell x amount of those bundles, I'm sure we can find takers on this forum.

Might be worth a shot.

Back