NewEGG Canada

d3viant

Limp Gawd
Finally a NewEGG Canada , Ive always been upset that I couldnt order off
of newegg cause they dont ship to Canada , well thats all about to change now.

That is great news. I've always had troubles finding deals for people that lived in canada.

Well , ncix.com is not a bad place ... nice to see they'll have competion.
as well memoryexpress.com is decent too.

It's about damned time. But they better have good prices and deals like the American website (some stores have a habit of increasing cost after conversion because it's Canadia) or else I'ma stick to Infonec.com/Canadacomputers.com/pccanada.com/ncix.com.

EDIT: Oh yea, and they better have a warehouse depot inside Canada. Duty fee = fail.

Be my guest and deal with their 30minute wait lines just to PAY.

Given that the discussion here is to the online aspect - which Newegg solely is - I am guessing he is referring to that experience and not B&M.

so is newegg going to have a warehouse in canada or are they just shipping to canada from the US?

We will have to wait and see if Newegg Canada, will reflect the same prices seen on their USA store. Many a Canadian store equivalent of popular sites usually end up as absolute garbage.

For example. Buy.com's Canadian store is crap compared to the USA one.
And also Amazon.com is way better then Amazon.ca
Seems that as soon as .ca is added to an American retailer, it ends up turning to crap.

So lets hope Newegg didn't just sell out their name to some Canadian company who will then run some crappy Canadian online store nowhere near as good as the American site.
I would be happy if Newegg Canada remained in American control, and if they just started to ship over here from a warehouse they still own and operate, with the same great deals they have south side.

Sorry canada, you missed their glory days :( they are but a capitalist shadow of their former glory.

C'est la vie. Anyway, I looked at the Newegg Canada MySpace page and location is listed as Burnaby BC. So looks like they are either going head-to-head with NCIX and/or using their warehouses. Just a guess though.

So wasn't Newegg.ca supposed to open up today?
I still get the sweepstakes page when i try newegg.ca
Any idea whats going on over there?

Their website is up.
Just did a little browsing and i don't see any special deals at the moment.

Pretty much the same or more expensive in many items i just compared to some of my usual Canadian distributors.

Also the shipping on the few items i tried was more expensive then what i normally pay.
No idea where they are shipping from, but usually i have stuff shipped from Vancouver to Ontario, which is about as far away as possible, and for much cheaper then what i have seen so far on Newegg.ca

Well hopefully they will come up with some nice deals in the future.
Its still nice to see them selling to Canada.

Prices aren't any better than most other retailers, and shipping prices are still horrendous...

Fail.

I'm severely disappointed considering NewEgg was the only company I dealt with in the US specifically because their prices were good and their shipping costs were low. Here they want to charge me $15 to ship a CPU cooler? Sorry bub, not happening. No option to ship with anything other than UPS as well.

Add me to the underwhelmed. UPS-only shipping = autofail. Not that it matters, because their prices are nowhere near the deals found at ncix, directcanada and even tigerdirect.

Back