Newegg.com Deals 3/9

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

Antec Sonata Designer 500 Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply
$169.99 - $30.00IR = $139.99 with free shipping promo code "HARDOCP39FS"
Promo Expires on 3/15/09

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
$59.00 - $10.00IR - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCP3905" = $44.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 3/16/09

AMD Phenom 9850 2.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - OEM
$135.99 - $25.00 promo code "HARDOCP31025" = $110.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 3/16/09

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

bout time that gskill came back. i thnk ill get another 4gb kit for another 8 gb rig :D

Is this G.Skill 2x2Gb DDR2 1200 set ever going to move into the reasonable price range? Somewhere under $140ish or lower, because seriosly $279.99 is somewhat pricey when comparing it to alternatives.

Can we get a deal on that set, please.

Thank you

I think your missing that the promo code is for free shipping on the case

The Earthwatts 500W 80-Plus PSU bundled with the Sonata is being sold at newegg for $70, and that case used to be $200, so it's actually a steal now.

I mean people go nuts over a CM690 at $70 without a PSU, which is the same price that Sonata would be if it didn't have that (very good) PSU.

Internally, the Sonata reminds me alot of my Solo which is okay, but does put limitations on GPU sizes. Dual GPU and maybe the longer Nvidia cards are out of the question.

I do like my Solo's black and silver over the Maccish scheme in this version of the Sonata. Solos can be found fairly cheap outside of Newegg.

QFT once more.

Looking for a good price on an i7 920. Microcenter has em for $229.99 at B&M. Give us a reasonable deal for those who dont have a local one, Newegg :D

its a 2 hour drive for me, i was gonna do it till i thought about having to pay tax then gas then anything else for the trip and it worked out only a few bux cheaper lol, so just bagged one on The Egg

UPDATE: Just received a new videocard from you guys and i suggest now to improve your packaging department before offering any more good deals... :mad:

Who in the hell puts the videocard in the box ALL THE WAY ON THE BOTTOM and then fills it up with packing peanuts? might as well leave the peanuts out completely....you guys need to improve there BADLY!

UPDATE: Just received a new videocard from you guys and i suggest now to improve your packaging department before offering any more good deals... :mad:

Who in the hell puts the videocard in the box ALL THE WAY ON THE BOTTOM and then fills it up with packing peanuts? might as well leave the peanuts out completely....you guys need to improve there BADLY!

Was it damaged, does it work? If it wasnt damaged and it works, who gives a shit. Newegg is a large company and they ship out tons of ship. The peanuts are done by a computer.

Was it damaged, does it work? If it wasnt damaged and it works, who gives a shit. Newegg is a large company and they ship out tons of ship. The peanuts are done by a computer.

Package was damaged, have not tested the card and i give a shit. And so should anyone else who orders. And btw newegg should care as well. There's tons of ppl out there who rather buy their harddrives somewhere else because of neweggs packaging job already...can't imagine they wanna have ppl not order other stuff because of the packaging job.

That really is a bummer and is certainly unacceptable for a package to be damaged like that. Usually my items are centered in the box when I order from newegg. I haven't experienced any of the HDD horrors others have talked about, but my anecdotal experience doesn't excuse the many others that have had this problem. Something or someone screwed up.

I will say that the case for my current build showed up banged up and a week late because UPS thought that Texas was on the way from Tennessee to Michigan during a hurricane hitting that area. I didn't want to send it back because I was way too anxious to get my system going. Some work with pliers fixed it up but it does make me reconsider UPS shipping for my next case.

Package was damaged, have not tested the card and i give a shit. And so should anyone else who orders. And btw newegg should care as well. There's tons of ppl out there who rather buy their harddrives somewhere else because of neweggs packaging job already...can't imagine they wanna have ppl not order other stuff because of the packaging job.

Neweggs packing is probably some of the worst in the industry. My friend ordered a q6600 and a motherboard and they were just placed in the bottom of the box with some brown paper on top to keep it from moving. No peanuts AT ALL. if it had been dropped hard it would of been damaged badly. My gtx 260 which I ordered the same day and recieved the same day as him (different address) was the exact opposite, some brown paper thrown in the box with the card placed on top of it. It could have easily been damaged.

All 3 itmes arrived ok, but that one hard drive I ordered for a computer my company was trying to sell in an order that was 1 month prior to the above items me and my friend ordered arrived but died in under 48 hrs. I like newegg but I will never ever order a hard drive from them no matter how much cheaper it is. I've been ordering my hard drives from ZZF and I may start making most of my purchases there instead.

I bought a video card from Newegg last month and the box it was shipped in was way bigger than the video card box. It was packed with those plastic, transparent air packs (whatever they're called - not packing bubbles and not packing peanuts). Neither the brown UPS shipping box nor the video card box was damaged, so I was happy w/ the packing. I was just surprised that Newegg had to pay a lot more on shipping since they packed it in such a huge box.

Newegg's hit or miss - guess it depends on which warehouse it comes from?

My $25 DVD drive arrived packed nicely in peanuts - while the motherboard arrived with just that brown paper crap under it. They should really ban that paper packing nonsense.

Getting rediculous. Got two more things today from them: Memory and a cloth mousepad. Those came in two seperate packages. One a padded envelope and one box full of peanuts. Guess what? Right....... CLOTH MOUSPAD was in the box nicely protected by the peanuts while the memory was in the dinky enevelope....

Jeez guys....really????

Newegg's hit or miss - guess it depends on which warehouse it comes from?

My $25 DVD drive arrived packed nicely in peanuts - while the motherboard arrived with just that brown paper crap under it. They should really ban that paper packing nonsense.

Paper packing is actually better than air bubbles. Paper = absorb full motion. Bubbles only can do it till the pressure arrives. Peanuts are the best packing though.

Getting rediculous. Got two more things today from them: Memory and a cloth mousepad. Those came in two seperate packages. One a padded envelope and one box full of peanuts. Guess what? Right....... CLOTH MOUSPAD was in the box nicely protected by the peanuts while the memory was in the dinky enevelope....

Jeez guys....really????

Newegg has Has No Refund return policy for memory, how convinient.

they packed my x58 and i7 like crap, just threw them in a small box and put brown paper on top... not even underneath it, good job my x58 came in a massive box with lots of padding

Hi newegg webmaster,

what's the deal with this rebate on this product:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128374

it says $20, but when you check the rebate form it doesn't list that product in the rebate offer and when I went to worldwiderebates there is no GA-EX58-UD4P listed in the rebate offer either.

I already bought this product assuming this product is on the list without checking the rebate form, what should I do? Will they honor my rebate if I send it?

Paper packing is actually better than air bubbles. Paper = absorb full motion. Bubbles only can do it till the pressure arrives. Peanuts are the best packing though.

My OCZ 2x2Gb DDR2 1150 kit just arrived in a small box full of peanuts. Second time newegg shipped from their new jersey center and second time it arrived in a box full of peanuts. Although when I ordered my ddr kit over the summer newegg shipped it from LA and it arrived in some small mail envelope. Probably why I had to RMA the damn kit b/c both of the sticks wouldn't run at stock speed/timings.

What bothers me is the paper is just under the components, so if the box is upside down, there's no padding at all. And knowing UPS, the box is gonna be upside down a lot.

Jeez guys....really????

So what's your point?

~ Newegg shipping dept.

Not%20my%20job%20award.jpg

seems the cali and nj warehouse have outstanding packing the 3rd one Memphis, Tennessee is the bad one that uses brown paper for almost every package instead of items that clearly need packing peanuts.

Seriously

Quit complaining about the packaging guys. Unless you want newegg to raise their prices across the board. They are trying to run an efficient operation I am sure with the least amount of people, and probably trying to find ways to lower their packaging costs.

I am sure their formula goes like this

Packaging Reduction Costs saved us xxxx dollars this year

if Returns went up by 5%

but packaging cost reduction is greater $$$$ wise than returns

then packaging cost reduction = effective

if the formula goes even deeper

if # of customers lost by packaging reduction is less than total dollars saved by such reduction, newegg isnt going to cater to the top 1% that want their package a certain way. They probably figure you can shop at a vendor that will charge you more per item. Sure you compare newegg to zipzoomfly etc. But i doubt their volume is even close to newegg's.

My 2 cents

Chris

I think most people rather have their items packed properly and not have to deal with returns etc. But some items it doesn't matter for the packaging method where as others need better packing material. Not saying they have to use xxxx material for everything box they ship out but use some common sense -.-

I think most people rather have their items packed properly and not have to deal with returns etc. But some items it doesn't matter for the packaging method where as others need better packing material. Not saying they have to use xxxx material for everything box they ship out but use some common sense -.-

QFT. I rather pay $5 more for something if i know it is packaged well and arrives unharmed.

Newegg better hurry up and put out a deal on the 4870/4850 cards before they plummet in price thanks to Nvidia making huge price cuts on GTS 250 and GTX 260 cards as of this Monday.

Why does it cost $20.00 to ship $17.00 worth of cables??? (4 SATA II cables and 3 "Y" power spliiters). That doesn't make any sense when they collectively weigh less than 1 lb and all come in the same box. Sorry for the rant, but it is frustrating.

Newegg doesn't adjust shipping for small items like most retailers do. Usually there's a fixed rate per item no matter what else is on the order. It's lame.

Monoprice.com for cables.

wait till you get $15 shipping on a $3 cable WTF

I had bad memory from egg and they would exchange or refund, whatever I wanted.
I guess you are talking warranty replacement ?

Back