Newegg.com has the X800XT in stock! Get'em while they last..

Almost 600 dollars for this card, damn that is too much.....

heh reminds of when compusa "had them in stock", people will be on the preodering line for a while, zipzoomfly has the XT-PE in stock its just for 800 dollars and its an asus card. get em while they last (if they are really even there)

I have trouble imagining even the most rabid ATI fan-boi paying $800 for an XT-PE. $800 buys a freakin decent computer system.

*wanders away grumbling about finding $800 and secretly ordering...*

Rori said:
I have trouble imagining even the most rabid ATI fan-boi paying $800 for an XT-PE. $800 buys a freakin decent computer system.

*wanders away grumbling about finding $800 and secretly ordering...*
heh, you could save that 800 dollars for a high end r500 core ;)

Its not a bad looking card. I would probably pay $589 for an Asus if i was in the market for an X800XT. The Asus cards are always more expensive no matter if they are price gouging or not.

I prefer my nVidia brands like XFX, Leadtek, Gainward, and BFG which are hella overclockers.

Did you guys ever think that this is what ATI marketing machine want it to happen? You can get ATI (the real ATI) X800XTPE with X800PRO BIOS and packaging at compusa or any vendors that carry V/VO/D version. ATI flooded the retail channels with this version of XTPE(the core and memory exactly the same) and at the sametime slowly phase out XTPE packaging from the market because it is to damn expensive for an AGP card when they already set their eyes on PCI E market. Big sale on this cards will help their quarterly earning reports, They now that "mod that pro vivo to xtpe" crowd only represent 0.1% market share, but it probably will influenced people to buy. Especially if they read this forum first before they make buying decision. So, get those ATI X800PRO VI freakin VO and flash the hell out of the bios with ATIXTPE bios(remember to flash it with Gigabyte XTPE first to enable all 16 pipedreams). All for $399.00 +tax+3 floppy diskettes. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

Flash Bios = Bad, No returning when it blows up on you.

SoftMod = Good, Return if it doesn't work.

Now, who has that softmod I've been hearing about?

First you make a backup copy of that original pro bios then flash it to gigabyte xtpt then to atixtpe. That's it. Only take about 15 mins. Software mod is to change/modified the card's bios, Hardmod is to make an alteration to the gpu core, like connecting 2 pins with conducive material.

Back