Newegg - eVGA 6800GT in stock $424

Anyone else out there somewhat enjoying seeing just how fast the latest video cards are selling out whenever they get in stock?

Somehow I hear this huge sucking sound from visa and mastercard... I know I've done MORE than my share making both happy this past month!

did you read the article on the front page of [H] from news.com that is saying Doom 3 is causing computer upgrade hysteria? thats insane!!!! True but insane

And by 3:00pm PST, bye bye eVGA 6800 GT @ Newegg. This must be a tech feeding frenzy. One wiff of 6800 GT or Ultra in stock and all hell breaks loose.

The article was interesting. I'd love to see some numbers for sales between July and the end of this month. :)

blbrchnk said:
did you read the article on the front page of [H] from news.com that is saying Doom 3 is causing computer upgrade hysteria? thats insane!!!! True but insane
No I didn't...! Link?!

Ordered one at 945am PST and put a RUSH (extra $2.99) on it. Newegg still didn't manage to ship it out today. According to the website, I am in step 2. I thought they were faster than this.

I'm also on step 2 ordered yesterday morning when they first came out. I didn't put any rush order in but I'm guessing it will ship today. Hopefully they won't tell me it's out of stock now :(

Mine did ship yesterday. Their website was slow in posting the info. Got a email with tracking # late last night.

That sucks. They always ship my orders same day if I placed it in the morning PST. Never paid for rush processing either. Orders arrive to Portland, OR 1-2 days ahead of schedule w/ the Fed Express saving shipping

I have a PNY 6800GT that should be arriving friday from CompUSA. I wish it came with Far Cry but I only paid MSRP plus it has lifetime warranty.

Doom 3 should finally be playable this week :)

Update: My order is now on step 4 out of 5. Looks like newegg didn't oversell, should be here in a couple of days ;)

I just jumped on the 6800 GT bandwagon as well and ordered one from CompUSA. I just installed it am about to test it with Doom 3.

I'm debating whether or not to eBay my GT :p

Newegg probably is a little slow on these video cards due to the shear number of people that are eating them up.

Why would you want to eBay it? Is not running well?

Hopefully I don't miss FedEx w/ my GT today.. that would suck. I finally got my rig running good. Doom 3 now plays at 800x600 on Medium w/ my Radeon 8500 64Mb with some tweaking

Back