Newegg has unbelievable customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

superme1

Limp Gawd
I just want to thank Newegg and remind everyone of how awesome Newegg is:

I bought a GTX 260 yesterday, and today, they have one of those free Nvidia gifts that is included with purchase, in this case a $50 dollar game (Batman:Arkham Asylum).

I contacted customer service about this, and within 5 minutes I was told that they will send this game to me, free of charge, no shipping, nothing! Thank you Newegg!!!

They do this kind of generous thing a lot. It's why they have my business for the foreseeable future.

I love newegg... I've done business with them since they launched some 8 years ago or so :eek: . I've never, ever had them do wrong by me, and often do things that are morally right/would be nice, but that they aren't obligated to, like in the OP. Customer service is never short/rude with me, and they've always been helpful. I've also not seen any decline in service quality/shipping speeds despite their growth and age, like with other vendors *cough*Monarch*cough*RipBoomLie/ZipZoomFly*cough*. I place a lot of orders for myself and other endeavors (business/friends/relatives) each month with them, and they always have come through.

Newegg has done an amazing job with every one of my orders. I'll definitely continue to give them my business.

Newegg is more expensive than some online shops, and I have to pay sales tax here in California, but two things keep me coming back

1) they don't gouge on shipping
2) they actually care about repeat shoppers

I love newegg:D

Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601975 - Retail
Item #: N82E16819115212
CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
Intel (800)-628-8686 Please Verify Processor matches order Prior to installation. IMPORTANT: Always pack you CPU well for return. We will refuse your RMA if we received it as DAMAGED! $1,024.99
Subtotal $1,024.99
Tax $0.00
UPS Ground $0.00
Order Total $1,024.99

Recently Purchased Products (showing 1 /1 - view all)
Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601975 - Retail48804764 Inv #48804764 Write Review48804764

Price
1 DISCOUNT FOR COMBO #97222 GIFT -$49.99
Shipped from NJ, USA - Tracking #: 966962227222
. 1 Midway OEM PC Game, Intel Gift - OEM
Item #: N82E16800992034
--Standard Return Policy $49.99
1 Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Yorkfield 3.2GHz LGA 775 136W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569QX9770 - Retail
Item #: N82E16819115051
--Processors (CPUs) Return Policy
Intel (800)-628-8686 Please Verify Processor matches order Prior to installation. IMPORTANT: Always pack you CPU well for return. We will refuse your RMA if we received it as DAMAGED! $1,499.99
Subtotal $1,499.99
Tax $0.00
FedEx 1Day $23.12
Rush Processing $2.99
Order Total $1,526.10

Last edited:
I just want to thank Newegg and remind everyone of how awesome Newegg is:

I bought a GTX 260 yesterday, and today, they have one of those free Nvidia gifts that is included with purchase, in this case a $50 dollar game (Batman:Arkham Asylum).

I contacted customer service about this, and within 5 minutes I was told that they will send this game to me, free of charge, no shipping, nothing! Thank you Newegg!!!

They did a similar thing with a mouse pad that came free with my video card. I just learned the hard way to always order from newegg even if there's a small price difference. I ordered from zipzoomfly and they treated me literally like I was shit and I was doing them a favor by buying from them. Never again. Ordering from newegg is always without hassle and I get my items in less then 24 hours just using the free shipping. I heart them. I'm sure they heart me back too I voted with my wallet spending nearly 2-3k at their website every year.

It cost them less and saves them time to just ship the game then to have you ship it back, deal with return then ship you a new one with the game.

One thing i love about newegg is their customer service. I like the online live chat and their ability to provide free shipping labels to ship back. I always buy big priced items from them. They haven't left a sour taste in my mouth yet. Been shopping there for over 5 years. Even if i gotta pay tax the service is top notch. The warehouse isn't that far from here either so its fast.

I've spent so much money with them over the years, I really think a VIP club membership thing is order for us "high rolling" egg heads.

Yeah, NE is great, one of my cases came with a broken fan but they didn't have any fans that size so they refunded half of the price of the case.

I used to be a big NewEgg customer, using them for many years. I was always very happy with them and loved their customer service whenever there was an issue. Then I bought a monitor from them, and it was like I was dealing with a completely different company. I ultimately had to do a chargeback which led to NewEgg suspending my account which created a rebate nightmare on one of my previous purchases. Anyways, long story short, NewEgg is awesome as long as you don't buy monitors from them. However since my account was suspended with NewEgg, now I use Amazon, Fry's, TigerDirect, ZipZoomFly, and other places for my purchases.

Heh, it goes without saying that newegg > * for most hardware/software purchases.

Their CS is top-notch and as they don't charge tax... even more win.

I agree with the above poster though, do not buy monitor's from them. If anything, Amazon is far superior. I also tend to buy hard drives from ZipZoomFly.

Yup, I always go with Newegg. I bought a cable modem then about 15 days later they had the same one with a $10 off promo so I called and they refunded $10 back to my credit card. Newegg is the best :)

Newegg is fucking awesome. I ordered a near-complete home theater sound system from them recently (Onkyo receiver, Polk Audio speakers: 2 mains, 2 surrounds, and a center) for $673. I got FREE SHIPPING on all of this shit. That's like 150lbs of stuff in four bigass boxes. And it all arrived together two business days after I placed the order.

I used to be a big NewEgg customer, using them for many years. I was always very happy with them and loved their customer service whenever there was an issue. Then I bought a monitor from them, and it was like I was dealing with a completely different company. I ultimately had to do a chargeback which led to NewEgg suspending my account which created a rebate nightmare on one of my previous purchases. Anyways, long story short, NewEgg is awesome as long as you don't buy monitors from them. However since my account was suspended with NewEgg, now I use Amazon, Fry's, TigerDirect, ZipZoomFly, and other places for my purchases.

Let me guess, a pixel was bad?

Let me guess, a pixel was bad?

I went through several RMAs with them. Had a bad backlight, dead/stuck pixels, and the inability to switch from one input to another. I suspect the manufacturer probably just sent out a bad batch, but it was a pretty miserable experience.

The egg's monitor exchange/return policy just leaves a lot to desire. I prefer going either B&M if the price is within 5-10%, or Amazon completely for their no questions asked return policy (plus they do white-glove delivery for big screens, like my 40" 1080p that I use as a comp. monitor).

A monitor is one thing I pretty much will not buy online. I have bought two that way, a Sony 17" Shortneck 220GS from buy.com around 98/99 and recently my 24" Benq. Other than that I have always gone to a store to physically see the monitor I am getting before hand. It's so much easier to deal with monitor returns to an actual store.

thought this was a thread bashing newegg. should change title to like Unbelievable great service or somethig like that

Despite their shipping, I think they've been pretty good. I've spent amongst myself and for family somewhere in the thousands of dollars.

Lately though, TigerDirect has really caught my eye. I bought through their Amazon vendor store - cheaper shipping than anyone else, cheaper than their main website, was literally 2 days shipping, and came packaged well. I might have to reconsider TigerDirect after the next time NewEgg ships my hard drives in a box with piss poor packaging.

I emailed Newegg over a day ago because my Terminator Salvation card had no promo code on it, Still haven't gotten an email
I hear the game sucks anyway so its no big deal but...

edit, I'd take any other game besides TS

I've been using New Egg for years and have spent thousands of dollars with them. I don't buy hardware anywhere else.

only thing that sucks about Newegg is their LCD bad pixel policy...other then that they are amazing...very fast shipping (even when choosing the Free Shipping option), great prices, excellent customer service

another minor negative: recently I noticed Newegg has started using DHL + USPS for their Free Shipping...takes a lot longer for me to receive my items

Newegg is pretty amazing. I split a recent order between Newegg and ZZF, and even though ZZF had free shipping, Newegg's order arrived before ZZF even shipped my order out of their warehouse.

Just got an email from Newegg and rather then giving me a promo code for Terminator Salvation they are adding my email address to a list to receive all Newegg promotions.

...Right...

More newegg love here.
They always deliver for me so the extra I pay sometimes is worth it.
Heck, they even REFUNDED (even though I insisted I did not want the money) a DFI mobo 9 months after I bought when I contacted because DFI turned their backs on me during the aweful RMA process.
I of scored but a mobo right away from Newegg again.
Just class acts and if you are repeat customer dont shy away from mentioning it, they will give you preference.

Newegg is more expensive than some online shops, and I have to pay sales tax here in California, but two things keep me coming back

1) they don't gouge on shipping
2) they actually care about repeat shoppers

I was going to type basically the exact same thing. I always recommend Newegg for just about anything computer related.

Decent prices + fast shipping + easy check out + pictures + reviews = win

Just don't buy any hard drives from Newegg and you'll be fine. Check out the horror stories on packaging of single HDDs in the disk hardware section. I too had bought single drives from them and the packaging was simply UNACCEPTABLE.

They have good customer service.

Too bad 70% of the stuff they sell is complete junk, but I guess that is computer related stuff for you.

Elaborate

Samsung, Nvidia and Seagate to name a few.

DVD drive failure after a few months of limited use, piss poor drivers released a year after their product was on the market, and a non functioning hard drive respectively.

The same can be said about any electronic product. Don't get me started on PC games either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back