Newegg Lexar Echo SE 128GB USB Thumb Drive - $99.99 Free Shiping

MGDMN

2[H]4U
Deal is DEAD - price is back up to $179.99

Newegg has this lexar 128gb flash drive on sale for just under $100 with free shipping and no MIR. It only supports USB 2.0 but its a 128gb drive. The exact same product is on amazon for $249. There are no reviews on neweggs site but the reviews that are posted on the amazon product page are mainly positive. I cant find any other thumb drive for lower than $150 for the 128gb, so this seems like pretty good deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820191322

Last edited:
I remember when 128MB was that much. I am old.

:rolleyes:

Try remembering when 14.4k modems were a "steal" for $99 and you got that huge burst of speed upgrading from 2400baud.

Or those old MFM HDD's that were a staggering 40MB, dont even know how much that cost, but I'm sure it was way more than $100.

Try remembering when 14.4k modems were a "steal" for $99 and you got that huge burst of speed upgrading from 2400baud.

Or those old MFM HDD's that were a staggering 40MB, dont even know how much that cost, but I'm sure it was way more than $100.

I remember using a 14.4k modem and being awed by 28.8k. But I am not old enough to remember 2400 baud or 40MB HDDs.

Bah, I had $50 to spend on something for my C64, either a mouse or a 300 baud modem... I went modem thankfully, because mice were not even in the picture back then.

Bah, I had $50 to spend on something for my C64, either a mouse or a 300 baud modem... I went modem thankfully, because mice were not even in the picture back then.

And that thing was a beast. Came in its own enclosure, if I remember. I remember my dad spending a day hooking it up the not knowing what to do with it.

USB 2.0. Good luck on transfer rates.

Well ya, of course its USB 2.0. If it was USB 3.0 it would be $200 or more. Not everyone needs blazing fast transfers. If you want the drive just for the large storage space and dont demand top transfer speeds then its a good buy at $100. If fast transfer speeds are a requirement for you, then you should already know that your going to have to look at a much more expensive drive.

And that thing was a beast. Came in its own enclosure, if I remember. I remember my dad spending a day hooking it up the not knowing what to do with it.
Well if by plastic case yeah, everything was external back then. As to not knowing what to do? Plug it into the expansion slot and put phone cord into it, then finding out the lovely world of BBSs ... and having mom yell at you for keeping the phone line busy 14 hours a day :D

Back