Newegg: Lian Li Case Sale - 20% OFF Select Cases w/ FS

I'm trying to decide between the V354B vs TE08B-E.. They're both at the same price level.

My requirements:
1xHDD, 2xSSD, 2x GTX680 cards, H50 HSF...

What would you recommend? (I really don't plan on adding any more HDDs, and want something really small)

Did you mean the TJ08B-E? If so, that's also an attractive case, but I chose the V354B particularly because it can house a lot of hard drives for an upcoming server build. Personally, I would choose the one that appeals most to you, and I happened to like the cube-like shape of the Lian Li better. Being on sale was just icing on the cake. ;)

If you want a cheaper alternative, that also looks great, there is this one as well, which happens to also be a bit smaller too:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112222

Hmm will the V354B fit a GTX 690 though??

You can remove one of the drive cages and it should fit. :D

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1215-page6.html

If you check out the review, the TJ08-E cools the internals better than the PC-V354. I just picked up a TJ08-E, but if this coupon had come out before I ordered it I would have had to think about it.

I think the main point to take away from this is:

If you want a ton of hard drives, go for the PC-V354.

If you want a cooler running system with fewer HDs, go for the TJ08-E.

Personally, I'm going to be mounting a SSD and 3.5" HDD on the bottom of the case along with a second 3.5" HDD in the second 5.25" bay with some cheap 3.5" to 5.25" adapter brackets. I think the TJ08-E is just screaming to have that foward drive cage ripped out ASAP.

TJ08-E's build quality isn't nearly as nice as Lian Li. The paint is very delicate. I had a bunch of scratches on it, despite babying it. However it's compact size and cooling is unmatched.

@covertash: I just tried installing an H60 in the V354 and couldn't get it to fit. There isn't enough clearance between the top vent and motherboard (Gene V). The rear vent is too close to the side of the case for the H60. The front-bottom vent is in a bad angle. The front-top vent is the only reasonable location to install the H60 but you'll need to piece together some sort of custom solution because the front vent fans are mounted using screws w/ rubber grommets that 'slide' into place rather than being screwed in as normal. This also means that the middle HDD cage will need to be removed and possibly the bottom HDD cage as well.

I haven't figured out how other people mount it there so the only choice left is to use a 4.5" drill saw attachment to cut a 120mm hole in the top of the case to mount the the H60 in just the right place. I would have returned the V354 to Newegg but it has been over 30 days.

/edit: Before realizing that I couldn't return the V354, I was looking at the Fractal Arc Mini or Fractal Define Mini. A fellow [H] member was able to mount a H80 to the Top Vent in a push/pull configuration using the stock screws (no modifications needed).

/edit2: @WorldExclusive: How did you mount your H60?

Last edited:
@covertash: I just tried installing an H60 in the V354 and couldn't get it to fit. There isn't enough clearance between the top vent and motherboard (Gene V). The rear vent is too close to the side of the case for the H60. The front-bottom vent is in a bad angle. The front-top vent is the only reasonable location to install the H60 but you'll need to piece together some sort of custom solution because the front vent fans are mounted using screws w/ rubber grommets that 'slide' into place rather than being screwed in as normal. This also means that the middle HDD cage will need to be removed and possibly the bottom HDD cage as well.

I haven't figured out how other people mount it there so the only choice left is to use a 4.5" drill saw attachment to cut a 120mm hole in the top of the case to mount the the H60 in just the right place. I would have returned the V354 to Newegg but it has been over 30 days.

/edit: Before realizing that I couldn't return the V354, I was looking at the Fractal Arc Mini or Fractal Define Mini. A fellow [H] member was able to mount a H80 to the Top Vent in a push/pull configuration using the stock screws (no modifications needed).

/edit2: @WorldExclusive: How did you mount your H60?

Tons of V354 users mounted their H60s on the front lower intake. Myself included. Even had a push/pull config w/ a 6970 in there. In can be done quite easily. Check out the dedicated V354 thread. Scores of people doing it.

Thanks for the heads up Safety. :)

I was only planning on using the stock heatsink anyway since I am building a storage server, which doesn't require a lot of processing power. Good to know about others success in getting the all-in-one coolers to work though in case I decide to take this case to be my main rig in the future. :D

WorldExclusive offset the H60 on the rear vent by drilling new holes:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038663599&postcount=5318

Yep. After I drilled the holes, the case became near perfect for a compact build.
I also recommend this for clean cable management: http://www.sundialmicro.com/Lian-Li-ptcl01-cable-managmenet-kit_2191_2196.html

All of the heat is exhausted out the rear of the case, which keeps the internals cool.
Mounting the cooler in the front will increase internal temps in an already compact case.

I'm trying to decide between the V354B vs TE08B-E.. They're both at the same price level.

Same here, I'm waiting for a coupon for the TJ08-E. I got time anyway so I'm hoping Memorial Day weekend will help out.

Thanks op, got a PC-6 for $63, going to replace my junk Thermaltake $25 Microcenter sale case.

$120 for a PC-90 midtower HPTX?
$192 for Z70B HPTX? One of my favorite cases.

Steals to be had here.

That's too bad they don't offer the discount on every Lian Li case but I'm going to wait on the PC-V750 to arrive anyways.

Last edited:
That's too bad they don't offer the discount on every Lian Li case but but I'm going to wait on the PC-V750 to arrive anyways.

I just got a V700 for a friend, it's pretty sweet. I didn't realize there was a V750. I'll still probably just upgrade to a V700 though, I barely have enough components to justify ATX over mATX :p

Last edited:
WOW, the PC-9F is $72 shipped with the coupon applied.. That is an ABSOLUTE STEAL for this case. I paid $150 just this last November! :mad:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112304

JyfIH.jpg

Just picked up a PC-K9B for my AIO build...$63.99 shipped makes this cheapskate happy..

I just got a V700 for a friend, it's pretty sweet. I didn't realize there was a V750. I'll still probably just upgrade to a V700 though, I barely have enough components to justify ATX over mATX :p

I don't plan on installing a lot in the case either but I wanted more room for XL-ATX motherboards, SLI/Crossfire if I decide to get more than one GTX 670/680 and hopefully room to install the Corsair H100 in the top. It's been confirmed by another user already that the PC-V700 doesn't quite have the spacing to install one because the fans on the bottom of the rad won't clear the top 4/8-pin CPU power connector on most motherboards.

I would cancel your order and get the all aluminum 9F for only $10 more!

A little of topic, but you know what? I never truly understood the real advantage of an aluminum case. :confused:

And it's too late to cancel my order. It's status is packaging. lol

A little of topic, but you know what? I never truly understood the real advantage of an aluminum case. :confused:

The main advantage is significant weight savings over steel, but also fit and finish and appearance. An aluminum chassis is usually much classier and better looking than an equivalent steel one.

Here's the PC-9F (left) vs the PC-K9B (right). The PC-9F is fully aluminum. The PC-K9B has a steel chassis with aluminum panels.

iF7D8.png

Last edited:

The main advantage to the higher priced aluminum chassis isn't so much just the weight advantage but the looks. Aluminum cases look more expensive and higher class than cases that are made primarily of steel or plastic. Along with the weight factor it's one of the big reasons why Apple sticks to aluminum for their line of Macbook Pro's, iPad's, iMac's, Cinema Displays, ect.

Last edited:
Aluminum also dissipates heat better. Less airflow is needed in an Alu case than a steel case to achieve optimal cooling.
Most cooling solutions are made of aluminum or a combination of aluminum and copper.

If you notice, steel cases installs fans everywhere i.e. front, back, top, floor and door.
While many aluminum cases usually have the standard front and rear fans. Top fans are mainly installed for WC loops.

Last edited:
That does look better. Well, at least I know now. I actually went to try and cancel my order but it was too late. I will probably get the 9F my next build (whenever that will be)

A youtube reviewer said a lot of cons with the 9F... about it being flimsy, fingerprint magnet, not much space for cable management (but modular should fix that issue). But its just one video reviewer on youtube that didnt like it at all.

probably worth it for 72 thou. not many cases at that price range would be much better if at all

That does look better. Well, at least I know now. I actually went to try and cancel my order but it was too late. I will probably get the 9F my next build (whenever that will be)

I would just place another order for the one you actually want and refuse delivery on the other one for a full refund.

The drive cage in the PC-K9B is two piece and can be split, the The PC-9F is 1 piece so its all or nothing. just saying

Back