Newegg Lian Li Sale 25% Off Select Cases

Just snagged a P80N for $261 free shipping. Can't beat that. If they get the V2120B in stock before the promo ends I might buy that too at $225.

^^^ Good thing you waited until now for the P80N.
I kicked myself for not buying the Z70 when it was on sale last month. Now I got another 5% off by waiting.
It can fit any build I want so it will last a few years.

I bought the T60B for $79.99. It isn't part of the sale, but I was going to buy it this Saturday at Microcenter for $127.19. Thanks.

Last edited:
Other than being made out of Aluminum and the triple front intake fans, I never really understood the allure of Lian Li cases. Is it for running multiple GPU's at stock frequencies?

Even their 10 and 11 slot models do not seem to have the ability to do a self contained multi-gpu and cpu water cooling loop.

There are two kinds of people out there:

Those that own and love their LiLi
Those that will some day own and love their LiLi

:)

There are two kinds of people out there:

Those that own and love their LiLi
Those that will some day own and love their LiLi

:)
And the third: those that don't pay the overpriced cost and buy another brand case just as good.

(I don't question the quality but the price)

I used to own several old school Lian Li's....V1020, V1110 and one more I forgot. Their problem in the past was they were hot as hell, cooling was non existent. It seems that now they have gotten much better as far as that's concerned, especially with a case like the P80. I just hope it's not too loud. Heck, I may even sell one of my old school TJ07's.

Other than being made out of Aluminum and the triple front intake fans, I never really understood the allure of Lian Li cases. Is it for running multiple GPU's at stock frequencies?

Even their 10 and 11 slot models do not seem to have the ability to do a self contained multi-gpu and cpu water cooling loop.

Lian Li isn't like Cooler Master or Corsair who cutout all the fan holes for you to see what can be installed.
LL cases are blank slates that can be modified any way you like. Compared to my favorite case, the Caselabs M8, Lian Li cases are on the low end.

And the third: those that don't pay the overpriced cost and buy another brand case just as good.

Something being overpriced is subjective. Many people pay $400 for a single gpu card, but I wouldn't dare to do that.
Mostly everyone had there share of pricey PC parts.

Do you think the Z70 is a better case than the FT02 WorldExclusive?

For my "needs" Yes.

It remains to be seen how good the Z70 will be because I don't have it yet, but the features trump the FT02.
Cables management is great in both cases, maybe a little better in the Z70. The Z70 can fit longer video cards with waterblocks and has 11 PCI slots.
It can house mATX, ATX, XL-ATX and HPTX mothboards. Nine hotswap slots. Ability to install a double loop without the hot air being dumped back into the case.
Also I was tired of the red color and I wasn't able to install a 6990 because of the center fan. It couldn't be watercooled either since the rad cuts card length to 11-11.5".

Last edited:
PC-Q08 silver (blah) for $82.49... good price for a nice mini itx NAS/media server. I've been desperately needing to replace the jury rigged setup I have going.

Lian-Li is a premium case manufacturer. For the most part, their products are priced similarly to the competition (Silverstone, Corsair, etc.)

If you think it's overpriced because you've got your stuff in a $50 Raidmax case, I don't know what to tell you. A good case is an investment in my opinion. It really makes life easier if you're going to spend any amount of time doing upgrades, tweaking, etc.

Wish one of those HPTX LL cases had a side vent for fan. I would jump on one right away. It is pretty much required for SLI. I see people complaining about SLI being hot for them and then I look at their setup, no side fan being the problem while mine is so cool~

After using Lian-Li cases, steel cases feel like complete trash to me. Which is a bit of a shame, since some of them actually look good.

And 4th: Those who have Caselabs, LOL. That being said it seems like the promo is trying to get rid of cases that ppl don't really want like the silver A05N, 354 and PC-Q08 (ppl usually want the black versions)

Wish one of those HPTX LL cases had a side vent for fan. I would jump on one right away. It is pretty much required for SLI. I see people complaining about SLI being hot for them and then I look at their setup, no side fan being the problem while mine is so cool~

A simple side panel mod could take care of that.

Keyword: Select cases

They never have any of the new or good cases for the promo...

:mad:

The Z70B and P80N are the newest high end cases Lian Li has, along with the V600 series.
Only the PC-90 hasn't been on sale during both LL promos. Many of the other cases were on sale last month.

Probably not, but they go one sale individually(free shipping or $10 off). Haven't seen them apart of a general sale like this one.

Just snagged a P80N for $261 free shipping. Can't beat that. If they get the V2120B in stock before the promo ends I might buy that too at $225.

Does this case have a removable motherboard tray?

P80N? No. The V2120 does.

I just got my PC-P80N and as Rodney Reynolds would say......" Thankfully the motherboard tray IS removable!"

It is a great case so far and I am also interested in trying out the V2120, these are quality cases. I may now have to now sell my TJ07's !!!

I just got my PC-P80N and as Rodney Reynolds would say......" Thankfully the motherboard tray IS removable!"

It is a great case so far and I am also interested in trying out the V2120, these are quality cases. I may now have to now sell my TJ07's !!!

You can remove the mobo tray in the P80N? How?

You can remove the mobo tray in the P80N? How?

You have to go to the back of the motherboard. There are a couple of screws at the bottom, you need a screwdriver for these. There are a couple of more thumbscrews to the side of the MB at the back of the case. take those off then pull and the MB comes out. It's a bit more difficult than it should be but I guess they really wanted it secure.

Ok I see it. The mobo is fixed on the Z70 but has the same layout as the P80N.
Probably I can pop the rivets and use some fasteners to make it removable on the Z70 also.

The card slots don't come out with it like old school mobo trays but it slides forward and pops out the side. Also if you have an EATX board in it forget about it being removable lol.

The problem with the V2120B being on sale was that it was out of stock before the sale, but for some dumb reason it went from out of stock to sold out. Will it ever come in stock before the blowout is over? If not, why the hell would Newegg put it on sale ???

I just recieved my Lian Li PC-Z70 :D

Awesome case. I'll post photos and impressions in the Case Thread later tonight.
The sale expires tomorrow, these high-end Lian Li's will not be this low again for a while.

If you'll spend almost $200 on a CM Trooper/HAF X, spend it your money on something of higher quality.

I just recieved my Lian Li PC-Z70 :D

Awesome case. I'll post photos and impressions in the Case Thread later tonight.
The sale expires tomorrow, these high-end Lian Li's will not be this low again for a while.

If you'll spend almost $200 on a CM Trooper/HAF X, spend it your money on something of higher quality.

Glad you got it! I am an old school Lian li fan. The quality is just about unbeatable. I just wish I could buy a V2120 on sale. The V2120B is OOS and while the V2120X is in stock(you have to open the link to the case itself) at $414 that's too much and no 25% off that.

Back