NewEgg sent me a "great" antenna. Where should I look now?

Damar

Supreme [H]ardness
I haven't ordered from NewEgg in quite some time, and I've seen the recent horror stories of how they've gone downhill, and now I'm a believer.

Would you believe, in their opinion, sending me a refurb antenna that's missing the SMA connector on the end and just has a bare wire hanging is considered "missing parts" and makes the item I got perfectly acceptable to them?

So if I buy a refurb fan, tv or stove and it comes in with the power cord there, but missing the plug at the end and just has bare wires, thats acceptable too?

It was also missing the SMA to TNA adapter, but that I can understand, as it's an extra piece, not part of the main unit ripped off.

So, where else would you look to pick up a decent, cheap antenna like this one?

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=416

Trying to get better coverage at my moms house (she finally got a laptop now that my stepfather kicked off and likes to use it at the worst possible spot in the house).

Hi

Tell me one thing if you can..

According to that page (Dlink), that antenna can connect to any router or wap and from what i understood, even other brands other than Dlink.

Now my question is, routers or waps usually have 2 builtin antennas, so to connect this new one, are we supposed to remove one of the existing ones or what?

And how big is the cable ? I mean, how further from the main device (router or wap) will we be able to mount this new antenna ?

If you've only got one antenna, you'd replace it with this one, if you have more than one, replace any one of them.

The cable is about 4-5 feet long, which allows for placement up high or away from other items that may interfere with the signal. The base has 3 rubber feet and also 2 very powerful magnets to allow for sticking to any metal object.

Did you tell them the item itself was damaged, or that the connector was missing? The rep may not know that a bare wire hanging is not normal for this product and just assume the connector was an extra piece in the box that didn't make it back to them.

In my limited experience with Newegg CS reps, they state policy up front, but if you push the issue they tend to try to make you happy. But just as the same as you, it's been a while since I ordered anything from them, and even longer since I had to contact them about an order.

They refunded the cost of the item, but didn't refund the shipping, which I believe they should since I was shipped a broken item to begin with.

I also sent D-Link a note describing the issue so they have a clue that whoever is doing their refurbs isn't doing a good job.

Back