Newegg Super Secret Sale (Shhhhh!!)

That's "ultra" secret...

Wow, I still can't seem to find any BF deals worth buying besides game I'll never play... I must not need anything, or was expecting better deals...

That's "ultra" secret...

Wow, I still can't seem to find any BF deals worth buying besides game I'll never play... I must not need anything, or was expecting better deals...

same, only thing im buying is the cheap games from steam. batman and star wars kotor so far.

Shhhh ultra secret so we posted them on the internet deals! Shhh! :)

yeah its pretty craptastic. some things are the same sale price from the last few weeks

lets hope monday is better.

The corsair PSU is the only "deal" I might bite on, but man, waiting on a $50mir...

Same for me...Been looking around every where for some good deals and just dont see anything im looking for.

I was trying to get in on that Acer for $399, but it sold out way too quick. Seemed like a great deal for me, and the perfect laptop for my GF's dad.

That's "ultra" secret...

+1 I think it's because I already have most of these in some shape or form, but I really can't find anything worth buying either. IMO everyone is having sales, not must have steal deals.

I know at least D2D have already officially announced they have CM deals coming...

Since BF is called black cuz it's the first time places finally go from being in the red to being in the black, people do realize that if everyone made the decision to boycott BF that CM would be even better? They have to get stuff sold, that's why BF exists!

My purchase doesn't seem to be going through even though it looks like it. Think Newegg is having server issues... awesome.

heehee thnx for posting that link; i thought it was going to be something Really good :D honestly, not a bad price tho -- guess they feel if you're willing to have a pink one, you deserve the discount :p

*PS* Has the definition of 'ultra' changed without public awareness?
Maybe we've stumbled across a little-known acronym

Usual, Lazy-Tired-Repackaged Advertisements

*PS* Has the definition of 'ultra' changed without public awareness?
Maybe we've stumbled across a little-known acronym

Usual, Lazy-Tired-Repackaged Advertisements

Or maybe they don't seem so hot because we're:
Unemployed
Lack o' credit
Totally outta cash
Repoed car
About to be foreclosed on

Just maybe...

I was thinking the same thing, I was going to cancel the black 640g I ordered yesterday at $45 after cashback, but even though it is 110g smaller than the 750 it is considerably faster.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2534

I'm just using it for storage so I don't mind much.

And yeah I think I ordered it twice. Gonna keep my eyes on my account page so I don't miss my chance to cancel one. The first order has finally popped up.

DO NOT BUY. That drive only reads BluRay, it will not read CD or DVD

This $60 one can read BluRay, CD, and DVD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106325

Oh, snap. Didn't realize that. No wonder. And here I was thinking it was a good deal. Probably a lot cheaper to make than the ones that read everything. Drat. To cancel or not to cancel ....

The external drive on my HTPC reads DVD and HD DVD, so as long as it keeps working we can still watch normal DVDs. Gosh this kind of bums me out a little ....

DO NOT BUY. That drive only reads BluRay, it will not read CD or DVD

This $60 one can read BluRay, CD, and DVD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106325

Not so sure now. From the reviews:

"It reads CDs, DVDs, and Blurays in both Windows XP and Linux"

"(takes about 60 seconds to play either a DVD or Bluray once I start the software)"

"and it doesn't read dvd's as fast as regular dvd players"

"Plays Blu-Ray (and DVD) WONDERFULLY in Win7 RC on my 23" monitor."

"Be sure you know this will only READ CD/DVD/Blu-Ray media. At <70 bucks, you can't complain tho"

There are many more. I think you might be mistaken, even though the specs aren't complete.

Last edited:
Not true. Look at the product images. It says CD/DVD compatible on the box and has the CD/DVD logos on the bezel.

Its a great deal if you want a cheap Blu Ray drive and don't need a CD/DVD burner.

Maybe his nick should be "unknowing-one"

Sweet! Roommate mentioned this to me, but I couldn't find the link and had to get to work. Awesome job [H]! Just ordered Two 24" Samsungs, 1 for me, 1 for the parents.

As USUAL, most of the deals are lame or cheesy product, but I feel like I've done extremely well this black Friday personally. This is a list of my purchases, and they're all some of the best deals I've seen on these particular products after participating for about four years now. I think I picked up quite a bit of good stuff for my family, even some movies my wife will like.

Amazon.com:
1. I am Legend, blu-ray $8 shipped
2. Quantum of Solace, blu-ray $10 shipped
3. Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs $10 shipped
4. A $5 digital album for $2 with promo code

Newegg.com:
1. MSI P45 Platinum motherboard, $50 shipped AR
2. Bluetooth headset, $9 shipped
3. ECS nVidia 8200 motherboard w/HDMI, $29 shipped AR
4. Blank bluray disc, free AR
5. Bluray drive for HTPC, $50 shipped
6. 640GB Western Digital Black, $50 shipped

Bestbuy
1. Traitor: $4
2. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: $2
3. The Dark Knight: $4
4. The Office Season One: $10
5. Waking Up: $7
6. He's Just Not that Into You: $7
7. 7" Photo Frame (two): $30 each
8. Play On: $7
9. X-Men Wolverine bluray: $10
10. Photoshop & Premeire Elements 8 for my dad: $75

Steam:
1. GRID: $7.50
2. Osmos: $2.00
3. Still might get the THQ pack and KOTOR as well

I'm pretty happy so far, and it's not even cyber monday yet!

As USUAL, most of the deals are lame or cheesy product, but I feel like I've done extremely well this black Friday personally. This is a list of my purchases, and they're all some of the best deals I've seen on these particular products after participating for about four years now. I think I picked up quite a bit of good stuff for my family, even some movies my wife will like.
[snip]

nice pull... you did some good scouring. :)

Back