Newegg wants your old GPU

I mean.. not sure they are that low. I tried to sell my 3090 here for $600, no takers.

I don't think Hardforums is exactly very populated. It's still got a decent amount of members, but it's a far cry from its heyday. Plus I think a lot of people on here want that Heat thing or whatever? I've never traded here nor ever accumulated any Heat, so that provides a barrier of entry assuming you wanted it (I didn't see your ad). I think it's just an issue of exposure and some barriers to entry. There's a person looking to sell their 3070 and trade it in for another card. I think they'd probably bite on your 3090 at $600 if they could make a stretch on their budget. Ebay is just easier for the buyer, though. Lots of protection. Well, that, and the idea of "well I don't necessarily want people on a forum being able to doxx me for free if this dude isn't trustworthy" thing. Idk that kind of stops me most of the time.

Yeah I know I ain't going to get not even half of what I paid for my 3080 12G. I'll run it into the ground, fuck that.

Same.

just quick look of 3090s on ebay and i see several with 70-80usd shipping with 1-3day delivery but ship out date is a week out. So basically they will ship lowest priority but right away.
$70 or more for shipping a GPU card lowest priority? Is there also a brick in the box?

450 buck for my 3090! WOW then I only paid 1500 for it!! what a deal!!

im-not-a-smart-man-i-know-what-love-is.gif

GameStop is trying to fax Newegg about stealing their schtick. That being said I'm exactly the kind of person who would deal with an entity like Newegg over trying to engage in a common commercial exchange with a single individual. Still. Saying what I already said, being said.
I can't be bothered to go through the monumental hassle of redeeming a mail in rebate.

I'd take the hit over dealing with eBay. I was done with eBay after having a return forced upon me for cosmetic reasons when the item was listed as acceptable.

its the classic fb marketplace meme of "i know what i got dont lowball me!".
Better still when it's the version with as-is or broken stuff. "Don't you dare send low offers on my broken junk!"

Newsflash, car dealerships also dont give you a very good price for trade ins either, not sure why people thinking they were going to get a fair value trading comparable to ebay prices.

That said I think I have an v770 in a system I just have been too lazy to ewaste they can have if they pay for shipping

I'd love to get rid of my old rig that I barely used lol. Waste of $$ really. 6700K and MSI 1080 gaming X combo

I'm not surprised to see it. Selling items on Ebay, particularly big ticket items, can be a giant headache. Usually things work out, but when they don't, it has you considering other options. With Ebay you're 100% at the buyer's mercy.

With Ebay you're 100% at the buyer's mercy.
Not true. As a seller, I've had 5 claims opened with me for items that were lost/stolen/undelivered/not as described.

Two were Global Shipping Program (GSP) buyers, which means my liability ends once my parcel reaches eBay's GSP center. Buyers claimed they never got it, but eBay takes over at that point. Zero financial/business impact to me in those cases. Love GSP.

One was a fraudulent domestic buyer. First he requested a return, which I accepted and sent him a label. Then he cancelled the return so I thought that was the end of it. Nope, he then opened a claim accusing me of shipping an empty box. eBay sided with me when I provided them with all the paperwork. A few months later he tried a credit card charge back for stolen credit card charge, which eBay had to deal with that barely inconvenienced me. No financial impact to me.

One was another domestic ding dong who tried to open an item not received claim for an apartment complex that the courier could not deliver large parcels. They left him 2 notices to get the item from his local UPS, but he plainly refused to do it in messages he sent to me. I was prepared to just issue the refund once UPS sent it back, but the guy eventually relented and went to UPS, then closed the claim.

Last one was legitimately lost by UPS, which is why I always cover my ass with insurance for the full value of the item. Immediately refunded the buyer and got my UPS claim check about 3 weeks later. Both of us were made whole.

eBay has not left me hanging once, but that's not to discredit the folks who have been screwed by their buyer protection policy. There is a seller protection policy as well, and if you cover your ass as I do, then you'll likely be made whole.

eBay has not left me hanging once, but that's not to discredit the folks who have been screwed by their buyer protection policy. There is a seller protection policy as well, and if you cover your ass as I do, then you'll likely be made whole.
It's down to whoever gets your ticket. See my post above for an example.

I've dealt with Ebay enough to know this. I've had closed tickets get re-opened, too. My main point is that if you don't have the time or energy to fight battles every time you want to sell something, this might be a worthwhile alternative. Obviously someone with more time might not mind it, but as I get older, I have less and less time for these matters.

I'm guessing your listing was "returns not accepted." If your listing is set to accept returns, then you generally have more control over how much to refund the buyer.

But I get it, seen enough horror stories of bogus INAD claims on listings that "don't accept returns." So I always accept returns, then prepare to issue a partial refund.

I've dealt with Ebay enough to know this. I've had closed tickets get re-opened, too. My main point is that if you don't have the time or energy to fight battles every time you want to sell something, this might be a worthwhile alternative. Obviously someone with more time might not mind it, but as I get older, I have less and less time for these matters.
Agreed.

I'm guessing your listing was "returns not accepted." If your listing is set to accept returns, then you generally have more control over how much to refund the buyer.

But I get it, seen enough horror stories of bogus INAD claims on listings that "don't accept returns." So I always accept returns, then prepare to issue a partial refund.
Yes, to try and keep wishy-washy buyers away. I'm grateful to have only had trouble a few times on eBay before ditching it.

Back