Newer ATI Drivers causing Alt-Tab stuttering

• Thread starter Deleted member 68403
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 68403

So I was running 11.1 and things were mostly good but I had this annoying issue occur sometimes where when I would alt-tab out of game (most frequently WoW), my system would stutter for about 5 seconds - e.g. what was being said in vent would repeat for about 5 seconds and then everything would catch up. So I upgraded to 11.2 and that issue went away but I started getting BSODs (Machine Check Exceptions).

I removed 11.2 and went to the 11.4 preview drivers. I no longer get the BSODs but now whenever I alt-tab, I get stuttering for at least 5 seconds. It's no longer random, it happens every time I alt-tab from a game. Anyone else getting this? If so, any workarounds or fixes?

Hrrm better to have stuttering when alt tabbing than having BSOD.

Why do you play wow full screen anyways? Play in windows mode maximized. It works so much better and takes zero performance hit and you do not need to alt tab. Just hit your windows key.

If by zero performance hit you mean 50% performance hit. CF doesn't work windowed.

So I was running 11.1 and things were mostly good but I had this annoying issue occur sometimes where when I would alt-tab out of game (most frequently WoW), my system would stutter for about 5 seconds - e.g. what was being said in vent would repeat for about 5 seconds and then everything would catch up. So I upgraded to 11.2 and that issue went away but I started getting BSODs (Machine Check Exceptions).

I removed 11.2 and went to the 11.4 preview drivers. I no longer get the BSODs but now whenever I alt-tab, I get stuttering for at least 5 seconds. It's no longer random, it happens every time I alt-tab from a game. Anyone else getting this? If so, any workarounds or fixes?

I have the exact same problem. It seems to occur when I alt tab and watch a youtube video for a an extended period of time. Half to restart to get it to go away. It started when i upgraded to 11.2 I even reformatted to try to fix it thinking it was something else but it still occurs.

I'm getting this same problem with 11.4. It's REALLY annoying and for more it just happens a while after my computer has been on for oa bit. Only way to get it to go away is to restart. Then I'm good for a day or two and it comes back again.

however for me, when I play games it takes longer then 5 seconds for them to take over the screen/alt tab out, a good 15-20 seconds to show up compared to normal.

Back