Newest Mobo to support original C2D E6600?

PCMusicGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
Title says it all. All USB ports have failed on my Biostar TForce 965PT board. The have been giving me trouble for several months now so it was only a matter of time. Anyone can recommend a commonly available board that I can pickup local (Fry's, Microcenter, Altex) that will work with the original Core 2 Duos (E6600)?

pretty much every new lga-775 board will support the e6600.. i just wouldnt spend all that much on one though since its a dead end socket..

Thanks. I'll pass by Fry's and see what they have available for cheap. Not quite ready to build up Core i7 just yet.

I use the Intel DP35DP still with 3 x Scope DSP cards for live performance ( rehersals only ) and have the E8600 in it w/slow ass DDR2-800.
4GB's of RAM using the 3GB PAE switch for extra RAM utilization.
SInce my power for synths, effects and mixers come form the DSP cards, I only need the sampled content on the HDD's to access the CPU. I use Kontakt and it works well. Never a single crash since I seperate the IRQ's.
Going on 3 1/2 years now.
Intel boards are just stable, no frills, but when yoiu need to get paid based on a stable uninterupted performance, a non gaming design from Intel always works.

Thanks for the feedback. I eventually got my board working. It was a combination of USB 2.0 turned off in the BIOS and Windows XP failing to use the default USB drivers after the chipset driver installation. A PS2 keyboard solved my problem. I sure hope the later versions of Windows have every USB I/O driver under the sun so I never have to borrow an old PS2 keyboard again.

windows 7 has all of them.. windows xp will download them from the windows driver database when the driver window install comes up just tell it to search for the drivers if it doesnt find them on the system then it will download them.. windows 7 will do it automatically if it doesnt have the drivers..

Back