next-gen dell xps case

It looks butt ugly IMO, even though it probably gets some really good cooling.

I actually really like it.

But I like the XPS Mobile Entertainment Concept Laptop better.

The sad thing is they probably did have to hire a new designer or two just to take a square and slant it a bit.

Its not only different..its ugly. Flat out. Until Dell starts making computers that look like the Voodoo Omen..they will more than likely continue to be ugly.

ive found pics a ton of places, might post links alter anyway all i gotta say is :

i want that case

I like the looks a lot! But it uses what appears to be a BTX motherboard inside, so I guess the chances of getting one to replace the system would be rather difficult.

Dark Prodigy said:
Its not only different..its ugly. Flat out. Until Dell starts making computers that look like the Voodoo Omen..they will more than likely continue to be ugly.

To each his own. Personally I think that this is really cool and that the Voodoo Omen is Flat out Ugly. At least this has some style to it...not just another premodded aluminum box. :rolleyes:

It looks better than the cheap looking Alienware cases. Although I don't care for the slant.

uzor said:
To each his own. Personally I think that this is really cool and that the Voodoo Omen is Flat out Ugly. At least this has some style to it...not just another premodded aluminum box. :rolleyes:

QFT. IMO, the Omen looks like a steaming pile of shit. This XPS look so much better.

i actually kinda like it. I hated the old ones, but this one is actually pretty cool looking.

I think this Dell case is cool and I think that if a member an [H] member made a case mod like this first there would be a whole lot more praise. Voodoo's custom Lian Li case is looks very nice too (Ide get it in Red or Green).

I would of made the whole front facade the same instead of having that middle section for the cd rom tray.

I think they slanted it just to help distinguish it from the powermac case (very similiar construction). The plastic over the drive bays is pretty chintzy looking though.

this case kinda gave me the feeling of Mac G5 meets radiator ....... or is it just a big radiator ? :p

I <3 it.

If I ever wanted an intel workstation without too much trouble, I would know where to look now.

I think it's quite pretty. I bet it looks even nicer in person, assuming it's made from Aluminum.

Hehe, I guess with the acquisition of AW, Dell's arn't going to be as terrible as they used to be (hopefully not just cosmetically either). This might even be a good purchase if... you know... you can deal with uninstalling 100's of useless bloatware programs. :rolleyes:

Eh, the front, made from plastic, was a huge waste on their part. At least add some perforated grill... I guess we can use modders mesh on the thing. Also, this case has many innovative (well maybe not innovative, more like "Why'd it take someone SO long to do this") features. The backlight IO panel, for one, is a mod that I hate completing on each of my cases.

I think they slanted it just to help distinguish it from the powermac case (very similiar construction). The plastic over the drive bays is pretty chintzy looking though.

I read somewhere that they slanted it so that when pushed up against a wall, the rear connections could be attached/unattached without having to move the case. I think I like your explanation better though; their explanation sounds kinda silly.

I like the aggressive style to it. Looks more professional than Dell's last XPS design. This would be cool to own. I can't wait for the reviews to see how well this bad boy performs.

According to Anandtech...it is aluminum and from the pictures, the slant over hang can be used as handles. Though I dont think you can plug/unplug any rear connections if it were against the wall, not enough slanty-ness.

IMO, it's the concept behind the design that makes it beautiful - one direction for airflow. It should be very easy to shove a radiator up front. Think they have any plans for selling W/C'ed rigs?

come on guys don't be such haters.

Just because its a Dell everyone is like omgwtf is ugly.

If someone was to make that as a case for themselves you all would be on thier balls like "you are the greatest modder evar!" Make one for me. Look at Mashies 3 case similar kinda interesting look.

EVEN WORSE if that was a Lian Li, it would be the hottest thing since the v1000 so you all just need to act real and stop being such haters cause its a Dell.

Fact is fact, the case is good looking and hopefully someone takes one and puts it together right so you all can eat your words.

QFT "Everything Above"

Having said this, plastic front grills = FTL.

With some good software loaded on those things Dell MIGHT have a winner.

well i mighta said it already but i would def move my WC into a case light that. helllzz yeaa

I didn't really like the red version of the case when I saw it, but the black one w/ blue lighting actually looks pretty nice. It looks a lot better than the old XPS cases, which I thought were too plain and generic-looking. Dell will probably get more buyers with this XPS because of the new Intel Core Duo 2 chips as well as the fact that their systems are usually cheaper compared to other OEM competitors. (you won't be able to get all the custom parts and paint jobs though) You can hate on dell all you want but I think they are headed in a postiive direction as far as gaming is concerned.

I also like Voodoo for their modified Lian Lis..but I noticed that they got rid of the Rage (previously known as F:5) :( The Voodoo Omen, Hypersonic Cyclone (Lian Li V1100) and the Falcon Mach V (Silverstone TJ03) are probably may favorite OEM cases right now.

u8myrice said:
QFT. IMO, the Omen looks like a steaming pile of shit. This XPS look so much better.

I agree. Voodoo Pc's in general are ugly. If I were to EVER buy a pre-built pc, It'd come from Falcon NW. IMO, the best looking cases are the Li-Li's and the Silverstones.

Back