Next generations of cards?

Zefram0911

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all, does anyone know when the next generation of cards to succeed the X2Ks will come out?

I'm about to build a system but can wait 3-6 months for new things to come out.

Building a system when new cards come out all come down to wether or not they are gonna change the interface. I heard rumours of PCI-E 2.0 but I really cant wait 3 months to get a new pc.

theres always something new that's comes out so if you wait you won't be able to build it. did'nt wanna wait so i bought a 8800gts 640.:D

Nvidia Geforce 91999 5GB of DDR7
featuring a dual giggafizzle graphics processor made by Apple
and Umbrella Corp, Needing 3200watts. Looks something like this:
terminator_robot.jpg

^^ ILMAO thats the funneyest thing ive seen on hard in a long l;ong long time

Building a system when new cards come out all come down to wether or not they are gonna change the interface. I heard rumours of PCI-E 2.0 but I really cant wait 3 months to get a new pc.

yeah, the new X48 chipsets from intel are suppose to be PCI-E 2.0 and dual x16

great !!! if it wasnt enough that they change the CPU socket all the time , now they gonna change the interface too :confused::eek::mad:
really great !!!!

Nvidia Geforce 91999 5GB of DDR7
featuring a dual giggafizzle graphics processor made by Apple
and Umbrella Corp, Needing 3200watts. Looks something like this:
http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/terminator_robot.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

HAHHAH Now that was funny.

great !!! if it wasnt enough that they change the CPU socket all the time , now they gonna change the interface too :confused::eek::mad:
really great !!!!

Not sure if you know this or not but pci-e 2.0 is backwards compatible with the original pci-e.

Not sure if you know this or not but pci-e 2.0 is backwards compatible with the original pci-e.

that means that pci-e 2.0 can use pci-e cards not pci-e 2.0 cards on pci-e 1. if u want to get new cards u have to have pci-e 2.0. atleast that's waht i heard not sure though.

that means that pci-e 2.0 can use pci-e cards not pci-e 2.0 cards on pci-e 1. if u want to get new cards u have to have pci-e 2.0. atleast that's waht i heard not sure though.

Ok bit confused but lets trust wikipedia :)

PCIe 2.0 doubles the bus standard's bandwidth from 2.5 Gbit/s to 5 Gbit/s, meaning a x32 connector can transfer data at up to 16 GB/s in each direction. PCIe 2.0 is still compatible with PCIe 1.1, so older cards will still be able to work in machines with this new version.

So if I understood correctly, older pci-e 1.1 cards will work ok with new pci-e 2.0 slot.

hehe I know what it means I was explaining it to the person i quoted lol.

really great !!!!

How long ago did Intel go to socket 775? been a few years now....

AMD from 939 to AM2......

is not like they do it every 6-months to a year

How long ago did Intel go to socket 775? been a few years now....

AMD from 939 to AM2......

is not like they do it every 6-months to a year

939 to AM2 was quick man not to mention the fact that AM2 were just upgrader 939s I know I'm pissed about this as a big AMD fan when this happened. Hence my e4300 vs. getting a AM2

Wiki

It was made available in June 2004 and replaced by AM2 in May 2006.

just under 2 years 939 was out, iguess i see 2 years a long time.

now socket 754 to 939 was fast!!!!

he first processors using Socket 754 came on the market in Fall of 2003

Next gen cards? I guess you could call the next gen cards the LOST GENERATION Graphics. :D:D

Wiki

just under 2 years 939 was out, iguess i see 2 years a long time.

now socket 754 to 939 was fast!!!!

yeah and now there talking about AM3 .
Dont forget intels socket 478 and what was that with 6xx and 439 and .....

Back