Nexus 6 speculation

I'm wondering if Verizon is gonna follow suit with their bloatware too...
I just went to Verizon the other day to help out one of my friends. And that particular Verizon salesperson should get himself the salesperson of the year award for making me reconsider going/not going to Verizon for political reasons. My employee discount would make Verizon cheaper for me than Sprint (with Sprint's employee discount too). But I would still not like Verizon to earn my money and use it on buying the government. The salesperson brought up that my personal freedom to travel is restricted because of Sprint. My counter-argument is "although I do see your point, but sometimes when I travel I would like to disconnect from the world." But very little SOMETIMES...

Okay, before I stray too far from the discussion, according to him Verizon has not confirm that they will be selling Nexus 6. So I brought out my trusty HTC One on Sprint using Sprint's LTE, and found the article saying Verizon will. But he says he wouldn't be expecting it until Christmas at the earliest, and he doesn't expect it at all till next year, because it's not in the incoming inventory or training material.

So basically this goes down as the worst smartphone launch in history, right?

So basically this goes down as the worst smartphone launch in history, right?

Hmmm, I think OPO might still go down as being worse...

Although we have yet to see how Big Red will lockdown and tramp stamp their Nexus 6s.

Guess we know how Google got all the USA carriers to go along and carry N6. Google bent over for them. Tramp stamping SIM locking and all.
You'd expect this behavior from Verizon, not ATT. No matter what, ATT's bands would have been supported....

So, they basically bent over so that ATT would sell their phone in stores. I guess there must be some data somewhere that a smart phone not sold in carrier phones won't be much of a success.

You'd expect this behavior from Verizon, not ATT. No matter what, ATT's bands would have been supported....

So, they basically bent over so that ATT would sell their phone in stores. I guess there must be some data somewhere that a smart phone not sold in carrier phones won't be much of a success.

Not in the USA anyway.

You'd expect this from verizon? I don't think you know that verizon hasn't sim locked any of their 4g smart phones for a while now. Even verizon's exclusive droid line is sim unlocked. I have used my droid maxx on tmobile just fine.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmmm, I think OPO might still go down as being worse...

Although we have yet to see how Big Red will lockdown and tramp stamp their Nexus 6s.

Nexus 4 was pretty bad too. I recall it being out of stock for a good 2+ months, would come back in stock, and be sold out 30 seconds later again :rolleyes: And Google heavily underestimated how many units they predicted would sell, never having a good healthy stock until like 3 to 4 months after launch. But yeah the OPO launch is bad, but not a fair comparison. The Nexus 4 was produced by a huge cooperation in LG, and Google together, whereas the OPO is made by a small start up brand new company with very small investment, and first time making a phone. LG and Google together should have had zero issues getting the Nexus 4 out, but they did big time.

I have the OnePlus One, got an invite from a friend in October, used and bought it, got the phone like 8 days later, and invites are very easy to come by lately. And battery life on the OnePlus One, is off the charts AMAZING, I get 7h to 8h Screen On time. Out of 14 different Android phones I've owned over the 5+ years, the OnePlus One is battery champion.

Nexus 4 was pretty bad too. I recall it being out of stock for a good 2+ months, would come back in stock, and be sold out 30 seconds later again :rolleyes: And Google heavily underestimated how many units they predicted would sell, never having a good healthy stock until like 3 to 4 months after launch. But yeah the OPO launch is bad, but not a fair comparison. The Nexus 4 was produced by a huge cooperation in LG, and Google together, whereas the OPO is made by a small start up brand new company with very small investment, and first time making a phone. LG and Google together should have had zero issues getting the Nexus 4 out, but they did big time.

I have the OnePlus One, got an invite from a friend in October, used and bought it, got the phone like 8 days later, and invites are very easy to come by lately. And battery life on the OnePlus One, is off the charts AMAZING, I get 7h to 8h Screen On time. Out of 14 different Android phones I've owned over the 5+ years, the OnePlus One is battery champion.

Please...OnePlus is a subsidiary of Oppo which is a subsidiary of BBK Electronics. BBK last year made over $1 billion USD in sales and was founded in 2004. "Small start up company", my ass.

http://www.dg.gov.cn/gjhycs/s33353/201206/514125.htm

PSA:

Folks have discovered that Nexus 6 DOES have an LED built into the device...they've gotten it functioning with LightFlow although it seems glitchy. So for folks adamant about notification LED, it seems it is very possible as the hardware is there.

PSA:

Folks have discovered that Nexus 6 DOES have an LED built into the device...they've gotten it functioning with LightFlow although it seems glitchy. So for folks adamant about notification LED, it seems it is very possible as the hardware is there.

Oh, I never knew the Nexus 6 didn't have an LED Notification light ? The Notification light was a Nexus phone staple, all the Nexus phones have them. Why would Google not put one on the N6 ?

Oh, I never knew the Nexus 6 didn't have an LED Notification light ? The Notification light was a Nexus phone staple, all the Nexus phones have them. Why would Google not put one on the N6 ?

Nexus 5 didn't have one per its spec sheet...but it had it built in and with work it was made working. Since Shamu was unveiled Google has been touting Active Notifications as a replacement for the LED.

Really loving my phone so far. Android 5.0 is a fantastic evolution for the os. I love the look of everything now and it really makes stock android much more appealing and less dry and minimal.

Also I'm really enjoying the size of the device now that I'm used to it. Still would not recommend for anyone with smallish hands, but it is working great for me.

One minor gripe is the sound volume from headphones. Using headphones I am not able to reach the level of the Galaxy Note 4. Not really a big deal but still. Anyone know what dac is in the nexus 6?

T-Mobile is excited to announce its Nexus 6 has no branding or bloat
http://www.androidauthority.com/t-mobile-nexus-6-no-branding-bloatware-569181/

No Corporate Logo, No Bloatware, no crap you don’t want on the #Nexus6 from +T-Mobile​: That’s Un-carrier – listening to our customers and giving them what they want, not sticking a stupid corporate logo and a bunch of crap software I know you guys don’t want on your #Nexus device.

We know you guys buy a #Nexus6 to avoid that kind of thing!

Google did want to highlight the Virtual Preload (VPL) capabilities on Lollipop, so we made MyAccount available if you want it… But you can totally delete it. That’s what we do.

Hope you like what we’ve chosen to do there (or more importantly, what we’ve chosen not to do

Last edited:
Hopefully mine arrives today after a delay side tracked it for Sat. delivery date.

Hopefully mine arrives today after a delay side tracked it for Sat. delivery date.

I've setup some GenMay-esque shens on XDA

Originally Posted by Last Sad Nexus Pre-Order-Standing: Dack Janiel's Pre-Order Delivery Pool[/QUOTE said:
We're setting up a contest to "win" a bottle of Jack Daniel's for the (un?)lucky person who pre-ordered who is the LAST to receive their device. Rules post below along with links. The intent is in part to add some gallows humor to this waiting game, and maybe also some PR and attention from Google/Motorola....when word hits Android Police/ Android Authority etc (and we have a few contributors there in N6 forums) that there's a whiskey pool betting on their lack of shipping action, we might get some more action. If any of you know who those Android Police/Authority contributor-posters are on XDA please get them in on these shenanigans.

lovingly,
~Skripka

Originally Posted by Last Sad Nexus Pre-Order-Standing: Pre-Order Delivery Pool rules
Drafted by Skripka

Last Sad Nexus Pre-Order-Standing: Pre-Order Delivery Pool rules:
PRIZE: 1 bottle of Jack Daniel’s Black Old No. 7, retail value $30USD approximately to the SAD SOUL who is the LAST XDA poster accepting delivery of their pre-ordered device. Winner will either accept delivery of said bottle, or receive PayPal payment of equivalent value. WINNER MUST post a picture on XDA of their delivered order with picture of said bottle.
XDA posters wanting to enter MUST observe the following:

1) Posters desiring to participate must have "pre-order"-ed from either Google Play or Motorola prior to carrier availability of the Nexus 6. This determined to be on or prior to November 12th 2014.
2) To enter, PM a SCREENSHOT of your Motorola or Google Play order page to Skripka (on XDA). SCREENSHOT must include within it: order day, order item, a floating window with your XDA user name, the last 4 digits of your order number, your estimated delivery (if any), and your order status (where applicable).
3) In the interest of good clean gentlemanly conduct PARTICIPANTS will post in the Waiting Room thread and PM Skripka (on XDA) upon receipt of any order status change (shipped or order cancellation etc.)
4) To solidify PARTICIPANT’S place in the contest, the individual must be willing and able to PayPal the necessary evenly divided portion of the above PRIZE value. Nominally sub $5USD hopefully.
5) Upon delivery a SCREENSHOT of applicable FedEx or UPS tracking page must be submitted to verify order delivery time. NOTE, for fairness “delivery” will be designated as trhe time and day of first delivery attempt (in the event of failed delivery)
6) As contest entries take delivery of their devices, their names will be struck through on the Google Doc tracking these shenanigans, in chronological order.

May the odds be ever in your favor, and where not applicable-Bottoms up!

Entry spreadsheet LINK
Waiting Room Thread

Ifixit rates it an easy to fix...after you open it. Means the battery can be replaced? If you can find one.

OMG. Just set up my phone and the colored dialer tiles are TERRIBLE. Might be a deal breaker for me.

UAy5Dcql.jpg

come on. this is terrible.

Ahh, I thought you meant the actual key pad dialer. Though that doesn't look great, I don't see how it's remotely a deal breaker, lol. You can change dialers and/or just not use the speed dial screen. I keep my few speed dial contacts in one of the dock pages of my launcher and also as a long-press on their respective number keys in my dialer (not sure if that's an option in the 5.0 dialer though).

I want to wait until some of my friends order one of these. I just picked up a OnePlus...

I want to wait until some of my friends order one of these. I just picked up a OnePlus...

The OnePlus One running Lollipop 5.0 gets way better battery life than the Nexus 6, plus it's actually feels smoother faster, because the OnePlus One doesn't get bogged down by that crazy high res 1440p screen.

Today will be my battery test. It's 5am and my phone has 97 percent on it. When I get home tonight I'll report back what it's at.

I've only had it up and running for one day, but I see no slow down at all.

Today will be my battery test. It's 5am and my phone has 97 percent on it. When I get home tonight I'll report back what it's at.

I've only had it up and running for one day, but I see no slow down at all.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the battery. I'm not getting through the day on one charge.

Back