NF4 Ultra Pencil Mod

Iconz

Gawd
After what I'm sure most of you have read about the NF4 Ultra Pencil Mod into an SLI, is there ANY reason to buy the DFI SLI board??? I'm thinking 6600GT, DFI UT NF4 Ultra, 3200+ 939 90nm, and some good RAM for a new rig. I can save like 80 bucks this way. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's some linkage. :confused:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2322&p=2

BTW, I'm not concerned about warranty really, so that's not a benefit to me.

I think would be a good purchase, but do it now!!....cuase next shippments wont have the SLi bridge, and the chipset wont have those pads exposed, so you can do the mod

Well unless you get one of the First Versions of the DFI Ultra D board you wont be able to mod it for SLI. Another thing to remeber is that you will have to come up with a bridge as well. Fortunatly for me I purchased a early modable board.

I was going to say, I've heard even two or three weeks ago that people weren't getting the SLI Bridge part with their DFI Nforce 4 Ultras, even from Newegg despite the photo of the motherboard package showing it came with one. So...err...I guess the pencil mod may work, but you have to find some way to get a bridge part.

Back