NForce 590 boards...best info source?

Where's the best place to find info on NF590 boards, OCing, etc?

I have links to a good 50 forums and there is squat for info out there.... am I missing something?

My new Foxconn 590SLI with 5600+ is doing memtest on stock non-heatpipe AIR @ 3.5Ghz 1.375V and 250Mhz on the 2GB of OCZ "D9" 1066SLI ram 2.1V 5.0,5,5,15 will be installing XP next. Chip is CCB8F 0711WPMW

No where near the kind of info out there on this that there was on DFI NF4 SLI-DR it is replacing.

Tried installing the board and it stopped working. Took it out and it works again.

Cant figure it out, somehow being screwed into a case makes it not post, just hangs with "dA" on the LED display.

Anyone familiar with this board?

sounds like you may have a short somewhere?

What you are missing is that most oc enthusiasts jumped to C2D rather than AM2 plus nF590 isn't a great overclocker anyway - some of the best oc AM2 mobos are actually nF4 based.

Just rigged it with a piece of cardboard under the board and X1900 holding it in case upright. Busy working fine.

So Ill have to sort out WHAT is shorting, maybe even have to get nylon standoff's/screws. What a pain.

Well once it is set up right this is a great board.

Im running X2 5600+ at 3.250Ghz 1.375V, 270Mhz 2x1G OCZ 1066SLI 2.1V 5.0,5,5,15 all on stock heatsink.

Orthos stable, the X1900XT is happy. Definitely a bargain at $89, and the 5600+ is a bargain at $189.

Just gotta pay no attention to Foxconn connector layout, use the EVGA or XFX one for the same 590SLI board. They marked the COM1 port as Frontpanel.... makes for trouble.

Information is very little on these boards. I noticed this when I got into the EVGA version. Since then though I figured it out pretty easily. This board is great for overclocking. If you gotta any question on the board just ask. I hope to help you out if I can. It sounds like you got it wiped into shape yourself.

Back