nForce 680SE?

Kliter

Limp Gawd
It was mentioned on Anandtech during CES. Supposedly it's a less overclockable version of the 680i. Since I won't be doing any overclocking, I though this might be up my ally (for $180). But I've done a good search, and nothing shows up. So I was wondering if anyone had any word on it?

Thanks

Why? There's no need for that product. It sounds like all they're doing is rebadging the 590's as 680 "SE"s x16/x16 SLI with poor overclockability.

Why? There's no need for that product. It sounds like all they're doing is rebadging the 590's as 680 "SE"s x16/x16 SLI with poor overclockability.

If I'm not overclocking, wouldn't it be worth it?

Well, sure...but for that matter, you don't have to wait to get a 680 SE...you can get a 590 right now.

isn't the north / south bridge different? I'm certainly not in expert in this division so I'm not sure what the differences are?

Also, what's the current price of it?

Thanks

isn't the north / south bridge different? I'm certainly not in expert in this division so I'm not sure what the differences are?

Also, what's the current price of it?

Thanks

Well, that's the thing. A poor OCing 680 sounds exactly like a 590, so while they should be different, I'm not so sure they aren't just dumping their old 590 chipsets as the 680 SE. Either way, they aren't significantly different. Nothing that you would absolutely notice the performance difference.

I looked on newegg and they only have 1 590 board. The Asus version and it was $215. Not sure what the 680i version from Asus was going for recently, but I would guess $270 or so still. So, about $50 different.

Well, that's the thing. A poor OCing 680 sounds exactly like a 590, so while they should be different, I'm not so sure they aren't just dumping their old 590 chipsets as the 680 SE. Either way, they aren't significantly different. Nothing that you would absolutely notice the performance difference.

I looked on newegg and they only have 1 590 board. The Asus version and it was $215. Not sure what the 680i version from Asus was going for recently, but I would guess $270 or so still. So, about $50 different.

Anand mentions it will be less than $180. So that's a further drecrease of about $35.

I guess I'll just wait it out another few weeks until I'm ready to buy. But thanks all for your help. :)

Anand mentions it will be less than $180. So that's a further drecrease of about $35.

I guess I'll just wait it out another few weeks until I'm ready to buy. But thanks all for your help. :)

$180 sounds like a fair price. I would hope that when there are a good number of them in the market that maybe the price will be closer to $160. That would be a good price for x16/x16 SLI with a top end OC of around 320mhz on the FSB. I wouldn't expect them to work with the newer 1333mhz FSB chips though...that's the only problem I see with them.

Back