NFS v4 mount from vcloud

defuseme2k

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I got this problem... and it is interesting. NFS3 would be so much easier.. but can't get that easily through a firewall in this situation, SO, NFS4 with TCP 2049 is what I have.

My issue is I can mount just fine (old NetApp OS build, its OLD I mean 2008 old). Still, it does mount and I can write. However, I cannot chown -R my transfer directory to vcloud.vcloud. If I attempt to start the service it complains in the cell.log.

I'm no NFS guru nor NetApp (I'm FC all the way). I'm curious, for the user mapping to work correctly, do we need to create a matching user/group on the netapp with matching uid gid respectively? I think the netapp equiv to no root squash is anon=0, which we've done too. Unfortunately, I'm not driving the storage bus. Another group is.

Very possibly. You could also build a machine ON the filer and have it re-serve nfs in a pinch too :p

If they can't figure it out, I'm going to end up building a linux box to serve up NFS from the management stack of the cloud instances. I dislike this idea, but gotta get it done.

Back